telecaster pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telecaster pickups

the jackson is going in the shop so before that happens i want to beef up the sound of the telecaster so's i can still work on my music. i've been looking at this STHR-1 for the bridge and was wondering if anybody has any experience with them.

i doubt it'll be a substitution for the RR5 crunch but i want to get a heavier tone.
    good tone isn't something you learn, its something you develop.

alrighty, guess not

Comment

A humbucking pickup will definitely get you a beefier tone, but single sized humbuckers will never sound as thick as a full sized humbucker.

However, i'd leave the telecaster with the stock pickups, providing they're decent. Keep your jackson for heavier stuff and leave the tele for the music its good at. Learn some country twang while the jacksons in the shop!
      THIS IS MY POST
      Thanks for reading

Comment

might surprise you, but the telecaster emgs are a different beast from their metal 8x sets.

Comment

Originally posted by [NEX] View Post
          might surprise you, but the telecaster emgs are a different beast from their metal 8x sets.
          i was reading some really good reviews on them. i had no idea emg even made a set for the tele. have you heard them in person? i like the idea of pulling out a telecaster and it sounding disgustingly wicked.

it might be worth it for the irony alone

Comment

My Iron Maiden strat sounds really thin compared to the rest of my guitars. It has Hotrails and a JBJr in the bridge.
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
            X