question about JS20 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about JS20 ...

Hi,all! i'm new to this forum and new to Jackson also i have a problem with the bridge on a Jackson JS20 recently i try to put new string with the normal gauge (9....46),ok so let tell true i screw up the tremolo bar in to tremolo cavity and i try to drill it out so i take off the springs the problem is i was not pay attention to spring position ,and the tension from the spring pull up the bridge so i was thinking to fix it i need to tight the screws from bridge i guess they call it studs/posts those two screws from the upper bridge and one screw the first from upper side of bridge was pull up ,also i don't know if it is broke or something so i ask you do i need to get the bridge off ,spring off tighten or loosen the spring claw screws ,also do i need to go to the truss rod tighten/loosen? Thank you to all, any suggestion wil be highly appreciated!
    Gsl.

Not sure what you are trying to say but first don't touch the truss rod to fix this problem. if the strings are buzzing now you probably need to raise the bridge with the 2 screws on top. If you are talking about the back of the bridge sitting flat on the body the claw screws can be turned in to pull it down or backed out to raise it for pulling back on the trem.

Comment

What he's saying is he cranked the bar too far down and had to drill it out. When he removed the bridge, he didn't pay attention to the spring layout ( ||| or \|/ ) and put it back on with a guess, but now the strings are too sharp, and one of the pivot posts is coming up.

Hopefully you haven't touched the screws for the spring claw or adjusted anything, because all you have to do now is remove the springs, make sure the bridge is resting on the posts the way it should (in the center of the hourglass-shaped post) and then put the springs back on. If they are now installed in a ||| pattern you need to put them in a \|/ pattern. If they are now in a \|/ pattern, put them in the ||| pattern.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thank you guys,Newc , i did touch the spring claw screws now they are pretty loose,what should i do.Thank you

Comment

Well in that case, put the springs on any way you like and tighten the claw until your bridge is level and the strings are nearly in tune. You'll have to do fine tuning once you get it set, but as long as it doesn't tilt the bridge you shouldn't have to adjust the claw again.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Thank you,it is not working, when i try to put the springs , it lift up the bridge and the pivots posts are lifted too ,i think i'm gonna take her to a tech to fix it :-(.

Comment

That would probably be the best way to go, since fixing the posts is going to be difficult to do if you've not done it before.

Comment

Thank you for suggestion,for sure i'm gonna walk in this way ,just a quick question i have it's worthy to do some upgrade pick-ups to her?

Comment

Working...
                X