Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intonation question

hello all,

I have a 24 fret 25.5 inch scale guitar that I recently had a neck custom made for. Long story short, for whatever reason the neck will not intonate.

Back when I had the body made, it was originally made for a 22 fret neck by mistake, and I had to send it back to have the neck pocket re-routed, and for whatever reason the builder (who will not be mentioned), did sort of a shitty job. The jackson neck it was routed for did not fit properly, and did not intonate completely correct (I got it very close, but it was never quite right). I recently had a new neck made for the body by a different builder in the hopes that a custom job would solve any intonation problems, but again, intonation still isn't happening.

The bridge on the guitar now is currently a floyd. I plan on filling the floyd cavity with wood, and converting it to a tune o matic bridge. Along with this, I plan on finding a baritone neck to slap on this guitar.

Obviously the TOM bridge will not go in the same position as the floyd, because the necks scale lenght will have changed from 25.5 to baritone scale. As long as I measure where the bridge should sit correctly, I shouldn't have any intonation problems right?

I don't really care about the appearance of this guitar, and this project is sort of a learning experience for me. Any normal person would just replace this guitar, but I am sort of attached to it and am willing to frankenstein it just to get it to play properly.
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

As long as you place the bridge correctly, you should be fine. Don't forget that you will need to allow a little extra distance when locating the bridge. In other words, if your scale length is 25.5" your bridge should probably be around 25-5/8".
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
    X