Floyd Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Change

Will the Floyd Rose Original drop fit for the jackson pro series term series? i saw a youtube vid of a guy with a dk2 with a modified original floyd, and i was wondering if i could do that with out any real body modifications.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

If it's the JT580 trems, yes it will. If is a schaller or looks like a schaller it wont.
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

It will fir, but the locking screws will stick out of the trem recess.

Basically it fits, bur doesn't pull. You could still dive though.
      Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
      Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
        It will fir, but the locking screws will stick out of the trem recess.

Basically it fits, bur doesn't pull. You could still dive though.
        Not entirely true.
        A DK2 uses a JT-580LP.
        That JT-580LP route is large enough to hold an OFR and let you do pull ups. A JT-580 (non low profile) route may be a different story.

Here's my old PC3 with an OFR in it... plenty of room.
        This was a straight swap... no mods needed. I even used the 580's trem posts.

Last edited by rjohnstone; 05-19-2009, 12:58 PM.
        -Rick

Comment

yea, don't wanna sound mean, but i think dred is completely wrong haha, because i have a low profile, and it appears to have enough room, i don't have any weird model, just a straight dk2
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

looking good though, then ill put in 2 duncan neck pups, and i have a jb in the bridge and then that thing will be legit! though i may put in another duncan, because the jb was in my RR3 and then i added the dimbucker

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
              yea, don't wanna sound mean, but i think dred is completely wrong haha, because i have a low profile, and it appears to have enough room, i don't have any weird model, just a straight dk2
              Schaller I meant, not 580s, haha. O assumed that's what you had. Completely escaped my mind to mention that one.
              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

yea but like the floyd rose you can order off of warmoth, will that work? aldo, i have a firebird with string thru and a tunomatic, is there any way i could put one on there and not have it look stupid? i know i will need a legitimate luthier to do that, but i'm am unaware of what kind of real MODS can be done because i have never had any real ones done, except for my coiltap but that was installed in the pickguard so o big deal...

Comment

Warmoth offers both, so if you've got the 580LP, either will fit.

For that tune-o-matic Firebird, you can look into the Stetsbar. Doesn't require any modifications, and looks quite old-school, so it would go well with the firebird. One problem may arise though, as I believe they require a stoptail. http://stetsbar.com/

Comment

oh, well i remember watching a youtube video where this one guy compares lots of things and i know he has a jackson kv and an esp m-II and he talks about all of the different floyds, and i think he said the scaller floyd is actually the best, because you can do the flutters. But the picture of the original floyd looks different from the schaller, but yeah, idk... and yeah i think u need a stop bar, i just have the holes, and besides i likie floyds nothing else haha, but i mean my luthier could just a cavity right? but im wondering if it could go far enough back, but not a big deal, cuz i like a jackson without a floyd so i can change tunings easily, wow i type alot!

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                      Not entirely true.
                      A DK2 uses a JT-580LP.
                      That JT-580LP route is large enough to hold an OFR and let you do pull ups. A JT-580 (non low profile) route may be a different story.

Here's my old PC3 with an OFR in it... plenty of room.
                      This was a straight swap... no mods needed. I even used the 580's trem posts.

Thank you for the confirmation once again

I am getting a OFR for my RR3, this week *wee*
                      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

An OFR is a Drop in replacement for all Jackson Floyds except for the JT-590 (Schaller Floyd, usually on guitars between `88 and `95) and JT-500 (Schaller Copy, JS and Performer series and a few other budget instruments.)

Comment

I changed the floyd of a RR3 for an OFR and well I had some problems with tunning stability...

When I did a bend (without using the trembar) the tuning was out...

Can you give me some tips what could it be or what should I check?
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
                          X