Trying to find an OFR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find an OFR

Seems all my local shop can order is a schaller floyd... I thought these were made by the same company. They use allparts.co.uk. Ebay is useless. Is there anywhere else (be it UK or USA) where I can order a black OFR?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

S

Schaller is a great Floyd, but you can get an original from Warmoth for the cheapest I've seen. You can also get a Gotoh from Warmoth, and they're every bit as good as a OFR.

HTH

Comment

Warmoth, definitely. They also sell the Schaller floyds, but have the OFR in chrome, black, and gold, with your choice of nut (if you need one) included.

Also heard (from this site) that Carvin sells them.

Comment

what about thomann in germany

Comment

I just got mine from guitarpartsdepot.com - good service, quick turnaround.

http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/Orig..._Tremolos.html

Got to me in a couple days, and they were super helpful when I had to return an extra trem block. Also ordered Grovers and some spare string lock blocks.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            I just got mine from guitarpartsdepot.com - good service, quick turnaround.

http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/Orig..._Tremolos.html

Got to me in a couple days, and they were super helpful when I had to return an extra trem block. Also ordered Grovers and some spare string lock blocks.
            Thanks.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

GOTOH floyd i have seems to be higher quality to me than OFR's or Schallers, cheaper too

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
                GOTOH floyd i have seems to be higher quality to me than OFR's or Schallers, cheaper too
                That was another I was offered. Would there be any issues fitting that to a WR1?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

the gotoh uses longer string lock screws, or whatever there called, might have to extend the route like i did on my dinky, whiched had a JT500, which is supposedly a schaller knock off paper weight

but the GOTOH is VERY well made

might be better off with going with a schaller just because thats what the WR1, came with right?

you know it will fit

Comment

If I remember correctly, Carvin use to sell the OFR for decent prices.

Comment

I don't intend to do any routing on this WR1. It's just been re-painted.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I got you a link Wilkinsi...
                        http://www.thomann.de/gb/floyd_rose.html

They sell the Gotoh and the Schaller trems as well, just do a search.

Comment

OFRs have long string-lock screws, so everything else should fit, unless the Gotohs are even longer. Schaller uses the short barrel-type on their own branded model, but the correct skinny ones with the squared head on the OFRs they make.

I think Scott at Copperhead Music is a Floyd dealer as well. Might wanna give him a holler.

Warmoth has generally had the lowest price online, but that was a few years back - before they had an online shopping setup.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just found an ebay shop that sells black OFR's. Must've got my email. £180 shipped. Bit steep IMO, but it's already in the UK.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I've noticed people selling OFR's on ebay for $260. Is there some sort of tax relief you can get for storing inventory that doesn't sell?
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X