Neck compatibility between J/C models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck compatibility between J/C models

I imagine that all the current Pro series bolt-ons have interchangeable necks,but what about the JS series, the past models and the bolt on Charvels, both,the Model series and the current USA series. I am certain not,but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Im also posting from a phone, so apologies for any formatting inconsistencies.
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

I believe most of the import necks are swapable as long as you have the same # of frets, the usa dinky I think the heel of the neck is thinner so not a direct swap for say a dk1 and a dk2.

Comment

The piranha necks are a tad wider than older neck pockets. I've got a recent DKMG (piranha inlays) neck that I was trying to put on a 2003 WRXT body, but I had to sand down the sides of the heel to get it in the pocket. It's only a 0.05" difference, but it was enough.

As well, the newer import nuts suck worse than the old ones. I scored a recent WRMG (Piranha neck again) and on both necks, the low E slips when you move the bar, and they've both got 9s on them.

Of course, import nuts being shorter and not as deep front to back, I can't just put in some better (bigger) locks or replace it with a real Schaller nut without shaving the shelf.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Also watch out for Fusions. Different scale.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
        X