Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GFS Power Rails or Crunchy Rails in ash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFS Power Rails or Crunchy Rails in ash?

I've tried a few different pickups in ash-bodied guitars, with the Duncan Full Shred being the tightest for fast playing and the Invader being full and punchy sounding on solos and single-note riffs ala Dimension Zero or At the Gates. I play thrash and death metal in standard tuning, usually with some type of solid state preamp into a tube power amp, and would love to find something that combines the Full Shred and Invader as much as possible.

Unfortunately, I have very little cash to throw into this. I have another ash guitar with the Hex pickups from GFS's clearance page, and they are pretty damned good, but I'm thinking of trying either a Crunchy Rails or Power Rails. Most reviews point to the Crunchy Rails as having good note definition and tight low end, and that's more important to me than high output. My experience with ash is that it's easy for the upper mids and highs to get harsh, so I want to avoid that.

Has anyone tried one or both of these pickups? Is one better than the other?
    sigpic
Working...
X