Charvel model 1/2 pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel model 1/2 pickup

Hi, I have a red Charvel model 1 or 2 (not sure), that needs the pickup replaced. I understand it's a J90C that i need. Does anyone know if these can still be bought somewhere? Thanks for the help!

Eric

They stopped making them years ago, but used ones can be found on eBay or occasionally in the classifieds here.

Comment

Originally posted by meshuggah View Post
      Hi, I have a red Charvel model 1 or 2 (not sure)
      Model 1's came with a v-trem and Model 2's came with the JT-6 licensed floyd rose.

Model 1:

Model 2:

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-HUMBUCKE...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Humbucke...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-HUMBUCKE...2em118Q2el1247
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Only the last one is a j90c. The other 2 are those cvr jackson pickups out of a j series Jackson.

Comment

Great, thank for your help guys! I know now it's a Model 2! and there's a pickup for sale on Ebay (though $100 is a bit much...)!
            Have any of you any idea on the value of this guitar (red model 2)?
            Coincidentally I just bought a new Charvel just now, a beautiful red '94 Surfcaster with trem and jackson humbucker (unique setup), anxiously waiting for shipment from the US...

Cheers Eric

Comment

I may have one of those pickups at home, I'll have to check as I'm out of town right now. I won't be using it because I don't really like Jackson pickups and my Model series Charvel has been converted to a Duncan. The one I have was either painted purple by the previous owner or maybe just the pickup ring was painted, can't remember as I have not looked at it since removing it and storing it in a plastic bag.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

great, let me know if you still have it...

eric

Comment

Looked at it today. The pickup is black and in nice shape, just the pickup ring was painted purple. It has about 5" of wire left, has the Jackson logo on the front, and marked LP-HN with 10.8 under it. Not sure what pickup it is exactly. Oh, and this is not a covered pickup, its open. Let me know if thats what you're looking for. It came out of my 1hum model series Charvel.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                  X