2 pickups on RR24??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 pickups on RR24??

the topic says it all... i want the jackson rr24 with 2 pikups instead of one... is that possible? would doing that destroy the guitar?

RR24 was designed to have only one pickup. If you do that, the guitar will blow up as soon as you plug it in your amp ...

Seriously, you just need to find a good luthier who can do that. It's not such a big operation, just routing a cavity for the neck pickup, adding a switch to the controls, plus a bit of soldering and it's done.
    2007 Jackson Stars RR Custom
    2005 Jackson Stars RR Semi-custom
    1991 Grover Jackson RR Dan Spitz Professional
    1991 Grover Jackson RR Custom (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Claw View Post
      RR24 was designed to have only one pickup. If you do that, the guitar will blow up as soon as you plug it in your amp ...

Seriously, you just need to find a good luthier who can do that. It's not such a big operation, just routing a cavity for the neck pickup, adding a switch to the controls, plus a bit of soldering and it's done.
      Or you could set the volume to be a push pull selector switch for the pickups while still being a volume for both. Then you wouldn't have to route the front for a selector switch.
      Gibson SG Standard
      Jackson DK2M Dinky
      Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
      Roland Micro Cube
      Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Better yet just get a big flathead screwdriver and a hammer and do it yourself!

LOL.

Seriously, this is an easy mod that a respectable luthier should be able to do.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

... or just buy a CS Jackson Rhoads
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The Japanese Jacksons (Jackson Stars) come with two pickups. You can always look into those too. (And Japanese VS. USA is bollox. They're damn fine instruments )
            Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
            Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
              ... or just buy a CS Jackson Rhoads
              grrrrr as if im a millionaire...?

Comment

Originally posted by bluescorpx93 View Post
                grrrrr as if im a millionaire...?
                Try saving your money.... instead of squandering it on heat and food :idea::ROTF:
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  Try saving your money.... instead of squandering it on heat and food :idea::ROTF:

Lol... then that would have to be a lifetime of savings.....

Comment

Nar, got mine used

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

umm i might sound stupid but i googled jackson star and nothing came out.

WATS THE SITE?

whoa uve got a seducing rhoads there.. i dont care if it was used...

looks like it was a 22 fret rhoads and the neck/fretboard got replaced... then again who cares...

u got 24 frets
                      2 pickups
                      whammy
                      and the famous rhoads shape....

Comment

It's Jackson Stars

and no mine is a neckthrough model

Comment

http://jacksonstars.fender.jp/

Comment

Working...
                          X