Rather strange request...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rather strange request...

Ok, I'm sorry about the vague thread title. I've tried searching both here and Google for answers and couldn't really find anything so I'm not sure whether this is just a crazy and pointless idea.

Basically, I'm after removing the neck p/up along with the control knob that corresponds to it and also the three-way switch blade. The current set up is that it's a dual humbucker, two control knobs with selection switch. This is where it get awkward...

I'm wondering, how realistic is it to be able to have to remaing holes from the p/up, controls knob and switch covered up so they can be repainted to match the rest of the body, therefore have it going from a two humbucker model to a one?

Oh, it's a DX10D if anyone's wondering. I know some people are just going to suggest buying a one hum model but I'm flat broke unfortunately so it's not really an option?

It's not something I'm definately going to do... just something I thought I'd get some opinions on.

P.S Yeah, I know I'm crazy as s**t
    sigpic
    And on the 8th day,
    God kicked back with a beer,
    And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

JCFer mm2002 used to do this with Bondo. Maybe hit the Search:

mm2002 threads started by
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RandyRhoads View Post
      Oh, it's a DX10D if anyone's wondering. I know some people are just going to suggest buying a one hum model but I'm flat broke unfortunately so it's not really an option?
      It would probably cost you as much as a new body to get this "professionally" done. I'd pull the stuff out and cover the holes with electrical tape.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

You could go the easy route and simply put a pickguard over the face to cover the holes.
        Just buy a blank pickguard and cut the appropriate holes out that you want to use.

If you fill the holes and cavity for the neck hum, you will most likely end up needing to repaint the whole guitar.
        -Rick

Comment

How about not flipping the toggle switch at all? Better still, wire the bridge pickup straight to the knobs and jack and be done with it :idea:
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            How about not flipping the toggle switch at all? Better still, wire the bridge pickup straight to the knobs and jack and be done with it :idea:
            Hmmm... thats not a bad idea actually
            sigpic
            And on the 8th day,
            God kicked back with a beer,
            And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

Hey RR, Grandturk has the right idea- black electrical tape. Works great- I did it on an old RR Professional and it looked killer, protected the wing tips also. I got the idea from Jerry Only when we opened for The Misfits, he had the entire body of his bass wrapped in electrical tape. It definitely makes any axe road ready.

Comment

that dickhead kirk hammett converted one of his ESPs to single hum. just do what newc said, then buy pickguard material and make a cover to go over the neck humbucker hole. you could maybe ask budman could make a solid humbucker ring/cover as another option.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                  that dickhead kirk hammett...
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                  X