Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need guitar templates (specially for EVHMM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need guitar templates (specially for EVHMM)

I know that there a couple of guys here that can help me with this:

A friend is going to teach me how to build guitars and he has allways wanted to build a EVHMM copy so why not we build together one for me . So where can you guys recomend me to get templates for this and other models??? and also, what where the specs on the EVHMM.

PS:
    A couple of pics of a EVHMM would help too
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

I really thought that someone would help me on this...
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

Comment

There are a few templates here and there on the bay.. Also there are some luthier sites on the net that will sell you masonite templates. I've made my own templates over the years with the permission of my customers off some of their guitars and from guitars I have bought outright just for the purpose of making templates from... Making your own templates takes almost as much skill as it does to make the actual guitar. 1/4" masonite works ok but good 1/2" plywood works much better. For pickup templates you want to use heavy 3/8" lexan that you can screw to body or use GOOD double sided tape.
      Always make your critical routes first.. Neck pocket. pickup, and bridge route while you still have 4 square edges and a good center line to work with. The control cavity can be done anytime.
      If you want pickup templates,FR templates and the likes check StewMac..They are a great source for stuff.
      Good luck on your scratch building adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
        Making your own templates takes almost as much skill as it does to make the actual guitar.
        Very, very, very true.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
        X