• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WR1 - which nut? R2 or R4?

Just found this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Floyd-Rose-Ori...2%7C240%3A1318

Which nut should I order?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

The Jackson site says 1.6875", so that equals to 1 11/16". An R3/R4 there. A matter of preference, really. I'd go for an R4
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

I'm not familiar with the WR-1. Doesn't it already have a double locking Floyd? If the nut width is 1 5/8", get the R2. If nut width is 1 11/16" you have a choice. The R4 will put the E strings closer to the edge of the fretboard, and give a bit more space between the strings. The R2 will put the strings a bit closer together, but you'll be away from the edges of the fretboard.

I'm thinking of switching from an R4 to an R2 on my Jackson KV2 because I keep pulling the high E off the fretboard when I'm playin'.

My two cents!

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Melta' View Post
        I'm not familiar with the WR-1. Doesn't it already have a double locking Floyd? If the nut width is 1 5/8", get the R2. If nut width is 1 11/16" you have a choice. The R4 will put the E strings closer to the edge of the fretboard, and give a bit more space between the strings. The R2 will put the strings a bit closer together, but you'll be away from the edges of the fretboard.

I'm thinking of switching from an R4 to an R2 on my Jackson KV2 because I keep pulling the high E off the fretboard when I'm playin'.

My two cents!
        R3, mate. 1 11/16" has the R3/R4 dimesnions.
        Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
        Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
          +1...bound neck Jacksons usually come with R3's

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
            Thanks Dred. My mistake!

Comment

Working...
            X