EMG Afterburner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG Afterburner

What do you guys think of the EMG afterburner? I have one but haven't installed it or used it on any guitars. I have 2 guitars with 81/85's, 1 with JB/Jazz, 1 with 85 in bridge, and my srat with 3 single MIM std's. Has anyone used it, what did you use it with? How'd you like it?
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

I use one with a pair of EMG HZs (not sure which models). I like it with those, but I haven't tried it with anything else.

I don't suppose you'd need it with an 81 unless you have an old Fender Princeton and just need the extra boost, otherwise if your amp has distortion you're gonna get a ton of feedback when you kick in the AB.

I set mine very low - probably on 3 - just to where you can hear it affect the sound.

It is not recommended for cleans.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's kinda what I was thinking. I play through a Digitech RP-12 (no opinions needed - I got great sounds out of it!!) and can get more gain than anyone would ever want... If I wanted that much. And record through a POD 2.0 (2.3..) that has alot too if I need it. Seems like I really don't need it, especially with drilling more holes.

Comment

"Casa Grande"?

You're in the Big House?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I try to look at it as I actually have a big house But most of the time, I buy guitars, have no money, and am stuck in the "big house"!!

Where you from in West TN? My brother lives east in Thompson Station but his wife's family is all in Dyersburg. We had a great time there when they got married!! Great people and the whole town loved to party!!

Comment

I've got one in my Model 4 with a S/S/81 set. I think it sounds like complete ass. I've left it in only because I had a hole that needed filling. Its a pretty loud boost, but not really "musical" to me. Maybe with a non-master volume amp that needs an extra kick in the guts, but beyond that, I don't dig it.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Wouldn't that be "Casa Lobo" - Dog House?

Actually, I'm in Dyersburg. What's the family, maybe I know them (but only if any of them work at Firestone)

Comment

Very true... Casa Lobo!!... They're the Perry's. Everyone in town seemed to know them. Strange but the hotel we stayed in (Best western, I think) had a bar that was one of the happening spots. We all went back after the wedding and basically took over the hotel. Good times!!

Comment

Hmmm. My parents used to rent a house from Ben and Ellen (I think?) Perry back in '89 when we first moved here. I forget their kid's names, but they all moved to Wyoming when we moved in, except the daughter I think. IIRC they said she wanted to stay here in D'burg.

I want to say I know a few other Perrys, but can't recall them offhand.

Small world, anyway!

Comment

That's not them. Except the daughters, they're still there. I can't remember their fathers name... (and now it's bugging me cause he's cool as hell!!) The ones I know are Tara and Tana.

Comment

Working...
                    X