pickup rings... help quick please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup rings... help quick please!!

In the middle of changing out the stock neck to a SD Jazz on my Kelly XL. Desoldered stocker and noticed as I'm about to pull the pup, the pup rings are angled on a flat body guitar... and both pups sit angled. Bridge JB towards the bridge and neck pup towards neck. I have some flat rings I could use but why would these be like this? Should I leave it?
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

I never heard that! But you can use the stock rings,right?
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

yeah, using stock rings. I went home and looked and all my flat top's have tapered rings and both neck and bridge are leaned toward neck. I'll switch the jb and see what's what..

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
        why would these be like this?
        Because the last person who swapped pickups put the bridge ring in backwards.

If you remove the pickup from the ring, spin the ring 180, then put the pickup back in, won't it then be in correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
          In the middle of changing out the stock neck to a SD Jazz on my Kelly XL. Desoldered stocker and noticed as I'm about to pull the pup, the pup rings are angled on a flat body guitar... and both pups sit angled. Bridge JB towards the bridge and neck pup towards neck. I have some flat rings I could use but why would these be like this? Should I leave it?
          Warlok,

Put the flat rings in. The angled ones don't belong on that guitar and the pickups aren't designed to have the coils at different distances from the strings....

Unless it sounds good to you...then I'd leave it.

Comment

Well, the flat rings are on one of my warlocks. So I just turned the bridge ring 180 and now it matches the rest of my flattops. Not much andle anyways and I don't notice any difference in output or tone so WooHoo!! I may pick up some flat rings and change em out but for now... Play and be merry!!
            Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
            X