Trem bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem bar?

I've got King V Standard with a jt 580 floyd. It's from about 93/94 (I think)
    s/n is 310552. I need a trem bar for it but looking on ebay I can't figure out exactly what it is I'm looking for. By that I mean thread size (do these differ) or if it's a push in type (guitar shop in town had heaps of bars floating around but none would fit). Even a copy of a jt 580 like a wilkinson brand I'd pick up if it was available but again how do I know what is the right one.

Here's a pic

Cheers

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Black-FLOYD-R...1%7C240%3A1318

Have a look inside the hole on yourt bridge, if it's threaded this is the one you need. NB this one should fit best, some of these aftermarket arms are too tall above the threaded section and the arm stands too far off the body.

You could also take that housing out completely and fit a whole new bushing insert and arm, if you got this item (can't see a black one on eBay but they're not hard to find):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-Fen...1%7C240%3A1318
    Last edited by Tommie; 04-13-2009, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks bud I'll check it out

Comment

What if it doesn't take a threaded bar? And if I want to take the collar out and replace it does it screw out? If so how? I have been trying to unscrew it from the top, basically trying to unscrew the nut you can see in the photo I've posted above but nothing seems to be happening.

Can you actually get the collars out of these?

Cheers

Comment

it has a bolt on the bottom. You'll have to pull the trem to replace. Also to put the collared trem bar in you'll need it out any ways cuz you'll have to give it some oomph to get it seated right.
          It's pronounced soops

Comment

Yeah I undid that screw on the bottom. I think a spring fell out. When you say pull the trem to replace do you mean pull it out or get rid of it?

Comment

The trem has to be removed from the body to get it all the way out. What spring are you talking about?
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Not real sure, I think it dropped out when I took the screw out. Possibly sits at the bottom of the collar.

Comment

The hex-nut collars always take a screw in bar.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ok cool
                    At the end of the day they only cost a couple of bucks so even if I get the wrong one no big deal

Comment

Working...
                    X