Screw Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screw Hole

Are my eys playing tricks on me or is the a screw hole in a brand new cs Charvel for sale? $2400 and a little wood filler and you're all set. Does anybody pay attention to anything?

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/dr...-P2559C22.aspx
    Last edited by MikeStrat; 04-10-2009, 01:19 PM.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Looks like a dark spot in the wood grain to me.

Comment

Looks like a knot to me.

Comment

huh huh you said screw hole
        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_shredder View Post
          huh huh you said screw hole
          I was waiting for someone to make a comment about that
          As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

Looks like a knot.
            Still odd that they they that go by on a CS.
            I could see if they were bookmatched or something.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

yeah...that seems like a pretty noticeable flaw for it to have passed QC of CS

Comment

Off topic...what's up with that ghey spidey they have up there? It's used but only a 2009 model...and really taken some hard licks in less than a year!

Comment

Not trying to make excuses or saying it wouldn't bug me, but I've seen little flaws like that in quite a few one-piece bodies, including some of the old Charvels. I'm not a wood expert, but I figure it gets harder & harder to find perfectly flawless pieces the bigger you go.

Comment

I know a hole when I see one and that is a hole. Screw, worm, ass, it's a hole. The guitar kinda sucks hole anyway but just an observation.
                    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Gotta agree... Looks like a screw hole to me as well... Wonder how it go there :think: Doesn't make a lot of sense...
                      Don

Comment

In the description of the Spidey, is says it's a 'pre-aged relic'

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                          Looks like a knot to me.
                          A knot? Maybe it's a pro-mod then? LOL!!!!

Comment

There is no doubt that is a knot. Look at any piece of finished wood (furniture baseboards around the house ect...) and you'll see that all knots have similar characteristics. The spot in question on the guitar has those same charcteristics. It is a knot.
                            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

This is kind of an interesting thread in an abstract off-the-subject kind of way. Perhaps something of an allegory for prior custom shop QC discussions.

It's like a fuckin' rorschach inkblot test for cork-sniffing Charvel screw-counters. i.e., People are seeing/believing from that picture what they want to see/believe it to be. It may be as much a comment on people's perceptions and beliefs, as it is a comment on the guitar itself.

Is it a screw hole, or is it simply a knot? What do you want to believe it is? And, if it is a knot, is such a wood imperfection perfectly normal on a custom shop-grade instrument, or an indication of them using sub-standard wood?

Go Doctor Phil yourselves, now!

Comment

Working...
                              X