Hanging Guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging Guitars?

Who here hangs their guitars? I'm running out of floor space and am considering one of String Swing's slatrail systems. I can't really see too many cons - all of my guitars are "mature" wood and pretty well settled. Anyone have any horror stories or things to avoid?

I hang mine and there fine, I would however keep them away from the air vents as dry air come out.

Comment

i hang em high

plus it looks cool to have a wall of guitars.
      good tone isn't something you learn, its something you develop.

Comment

i hang them...its cool. i used to worry about how its just hanging because of the wide headstock and its disporpotioned on its neck n how it seems that the neck is being pulled down slowly and how it might snap the neck if the guitar is heavy... also, getting up to pick up a guitar is always a drag for me xO lol.
        after a while, it seems to be fine...not to mention how its really cool up there. but sometime im still lazy lol.
        Own:
        '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
        w/e catches my eyes ATM
        More '90 Professionals

Comment

I hang em too. I find they're less susceptible to damage up on the wall as compared to down on the floor on a stand. Plus they look way cooler. My .02
          My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

hang em up
            “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Well, the neck won't be pulled out. Gravity is stronger nearer to the core, so actually, having your guitar on a stand will put more strain on the neck for the same guitar than having it up on a wall. Remember that up on a mountain the air is thinner than sea level?

Don't worry about neck issues. Michael Akerfeldt of Opeth fame allowed fans to grab on to his guitar and try and pull it out of Michael's hands. The thing ended up with a number of fans playing tug of war with Michael and security guards. It was fine. That PRS is a set neck, mind you.

What I'd be careful of, is making sure the guitar is parallel to the wall when hung. If not, it may slip, fall, break it's rear fins/horns/whatever if it's a pointy, cause heartache, and the tale goes on and on
              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Nice Kramer's Mr. C
                Nice Jackson's too for that matter
                We need more pics plz

Pron required!!!
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

I hang mine except for the esp ltd. the neck shape makes it want to twist and slide out. I have mine mounted on hooks and board like you see at guitar stores.

Comment

Been hanging mine for a while now.

http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

OMG ! Dust !!!
                      PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Wow Jack, those are some high ceilings!

I've been hanging mine for a little over a year now. The only thing that happened was that one of the screws worked it's way out of the wall anchor and caused the guitar to fall. Surprisingly there was no damage that I could see (fell onto carpet and it's not exactly a pristine guitar to start with). So now I always use guitar hangers with two screws so they can't work themselves out.

Another tip is to measure your widest guitar, and space the hangers out so you can hang that one without touching the ones next to it.

My problem now is that I'm out of wall space!
                        Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                          Wow Jack, those are some high ceilings!

I've been hanging mine for a little over a year now. The only thing that happened was that one of the screws worked it's way out of the wall anchor and caused the guitar to fall. Surprisingly there was no damage that I could see (fell onto carpet and it's not exactly a pristine guitar to start with). So now I always use guitar hangers with two screws so they can't work themselves out.

Another tip is to measure your widest guitar, and space the hangers out so you can hang that one without touching the ones next to it.

My problem now is that I'm out of wall space!

I either find a stud or use a drywall anchor, 2 screws minimum. You'd be surprised how strong that hook will be only anchored into the drywall...I can't imagine even the heaviest guitar pulling it out.

Drywall anchors are an absolute must.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.C View Post
                            hang em up
                            Nice stuff Mr. C. Now how about a closeup of your screen wallpaper?

Comment

Mine are well hung!
                              "POOP"

Comment

Working...
                              X