putting in a gotoh floyd on my DKMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• putting in a gotoh floyd on my DKMG

i was planning on replacing the JT580LP (which is horrible and i think is also broken from somewhere) with a gotoh floyd rose on my DKMG

Specs: 91.5mm base plate width - 74mm post spacing - 54mm string spacing (2 1/8") - Steel saddles and plate - 42mm (1 5/8") locking top-mount nut - 1 5/8" tall block

could i replace it without any issues ? and more importantly are these things any good. suhr guitars have these things on em so im thinking there good but no personal experience. need some advice guys

The floyd will fit on the posts no problem, and will work just fine. One problem may arise, however. I don't know if the floyd on a DKMG is recessed, but if it is, the locking bolts may stick out of the cavity, as they would with an OFR. I can't confirm this, bot on a Gotoh, they're fairly long.

While the floyd will work just fine and sit on the posts correctly, the locking bolts may not fit in the cavity. I can't confirm this, but watch for that, just incase.
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Working...
    X