Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Place-Price to get a Ping Floyd Rose ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Place-Price to get a Ping Floyd Rose ?

How much ? Where ? Link ?

are you wanting a real floyd or a lic one?

Comment

Used to be here... http://www.axcessories.com/products.asp?cat=148

But they only seem to have Gold trems in stock.

The black and chrome ones appear to sell out fast.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by blitz View Post
        are you wanting a real floyd or a lic one?
        Take a look at the link above. The ping Floyd is the new one that Jackson and even USA Charvel is using. It's not the 100% best version which is made in Germany by Schaller but it is very good and looks almost exactly like a real Floyd. The Ping Floyd is what is used on all of the new San Dimas Series USA Charvels.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          Used to be here... http://www.axcessories.com/products.asp?cat=148

But they only seem to have Gold trems in stock.

The black and chrome ones appear to sell out fast.
          OK thanks. I've actually seen them cheaper than that on eBay. I was hoping to maybe find one for $100. Fat chance I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan2 View Post
            Take a look at the link above. The ping Floyd is the new one that Jackson and even USA Charvel is using. It's not the 100% best version which is made in Germany by Schaller but it is very good and looks almost exactly like a real Floyd. The Ping Floyd is what is used on all of the new San Dimas Series USA Charvels.
            Wrong... Jackson and Charvel do not use Ping Floyd's.
            They use real Floyds.
            The country of origin may vary (Korean built Floyd's are used on the new Charvel SD's), but they are in fact real Floyd Rose bridges manufactured for Floyd Rose. They are not "licensed" products.

Ping Floyd's are licensed and say so on the fine tuner plate.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Wrong... Jackson and Charvel do not use Ping Floyd's.
              They use real Floyds.
              The country of origin may vary (Korean built Floyd's are used on the new Charvel SD's), but they are in fact real Floyd Rose bridges manufactured for Floyd Rose. They are not "licensed" products.

Ping Floyd's are licensed and say so on the fine tuner plate.
              OK, I guess I'm getting confused. I didn't realize there were 3 different versions.

Version 1: Made in German by Schaller - Original Floyd Rose
              Version 2: Made in Korea ??? Used on San Dimas Series USA Charvels. Can you post a link to one of these for sale as new?
              Version 3: Ping Floyd, made in ???

What is the common name to the version 2 ? I think I've seen something like FR-100 or FR-1000 listed somewhere.

Comment

Floyds are made in Germany. China (used on the Discovery series guitars) and Korea.
                These are considered genuine and do not carry a "Licensed" notification on them since they are made for Floyd Rose.
                Quality and construction may vary from country to country, but they are real Floyd's.

I have no clue where Ping Floyd's are made.
                -Rick

Comment

For $50 more I would get a real floyd. I have a Ping on my USA custom handmade warlock..it was made when Bernie died and although I paid for a genuine floyd I ended up with that. looks the same but I feels flimsy and I have no doubts about replacing it.

-Rich

Comment

Originally posted by deviltronix View Post
                    For $50 more I would get a real floyd. I have a Ping on my USA custom handmade warlock..it was made when Bernie died and although I paid for a genuine floyd I ended up with that. looks the same but I feels flimsy and I have no doubts about replacing it.

-Rich
                    Did you order that Warlock through Ed Roman? If so, it doesn't matter if the Floyd is fake, the rest of it is as well.

And again with the "German=better" - has anyone obtained any proof beyond the wobbly bar that the FRT-2000 is not as good as the Schaller? How are the knife edges holding up? The saddles?
                    Anyone getting lead poisoning from the paint?
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Here's the "Floyd Rose Special" for sale at guitarpartsdepot:

http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/Trem...e_Special.html

Not sure if it's exactly the same as the trem on the production Charvels, but the specs sound the same. Zinc (aka pot metal) saddles & block.

If you want cheap, go for it. I don't want to start another pissing match over this issue because so many people seem take it personally, but at $82 something has to give. I think time will be very unkind to these trems unless you are extremely careful with them, especially when tightening down and putting stress on the saddles. Just my $.02

Comment

The base plate on the "Special" is really thin, like a TRS-101 base plate.
                        Not as thick as the ones used on the Charvels.
                        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Did you order that Warlock through Ed Roman? If so, it doesn't matter if the Floyd is fake, the rest of it is as well.

And again with the "German=better" - has anyone obtained any proof beyond the wobbly bar that the FRT-2000 is not as good as the Schaller? How are the knife edges holding up? The saddles?
                          Anyone getting lead poisoning from the paint?
                          The knife edges are fine, but the flow of motion and the metal itself is suffering. It doesn't depress like a real floyd and the screws strip alot, and not due to over-tightening.
                          Ratt & Roll

Comment

I bought one of those "floyd rose specials" from guitar parts depot the price is good but those things are garbage, the base plate is paper thing , knife edges are crap and the all nuts on it started to strip within a couple of months , i threw it out and bought a real schaller one.

Comment

Ping Floyds are made in the USA. Fender used them on there "Fat Strat Floyd Rose" guitars. I played one and they were heads and tails above all the licensed crap out there, as are the Specials from what i can tell.
                              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                              X