Help needed please with replacment pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed please with replacment pots

Hi i would like to replace the pots and switches on my jackson dk2 pro to high quality ones,what type and valve of pots would i need and what type of switch and jack socket would u reccomend,thanks
    Dk2 pro in black
    Marshall jcm900 4502dr
    Marshall vs200 avt100
    and diamonds and rust.....

CTS pots and switchcraft jack. If it's the older H-S-S DK2 with the blade switch, get anything other than the one that says "usually found on imports". Get the open-frame style, not the enclosed one, unless it's got a name on it you recognize (Schaller makes one I think).

If it's the newer DK2M (2 Hum) with the 3-way Les Paul-type switch, get a Switchcraft.

500K Volume, 250K Tone, though if you've got a Duncan JB in the bridge, lots of folks recommend a 250K Volume for those.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      CTS pots and switchcraft jack. If it's the older H-S-S DK2 with the blade switch, get anything other than the one that says "usually found on imports". Get the open-frame style, not the enclosed one, unless it's got a name on it you recognize (Schaller makes one I think).

If it's the newer DK2M (2 Hum) with the 3-way Les Paul-type switch, get a Switchcraft.

500K Volume, 250K Tone, though if you've got a Duncan JB in the bridge, lots of folks recommend a 250K Volume for those.
      its a 2006 dk2 hss jb in bridge and 2 stk1 singles
      Dk2 pro in black
      Marshall jcm900 4502dr
      Marshall vs200 avt100

Comment

hi could i use a fender rewiring kit for this guitar,also a 1/4" jack socket,short or long and do i need long or short 250k pots,regards dave:think:
        Dk2 pro in black
        Marshall jcm900 4502dr
        Marshall vs200 avt100

Comment

Here's what I would use...

Volume pot 500k CTS custom

Tone pot 250k CTS custom

Jack

5-way Super switch

Here's a complete kit, but it will give you 500k pots for both Volume and Tone.
          -Rick

Comment

Seymour Duncan recommends a 250K pot with the JB. Can't imagine why, but maybe it'll help make it sound better

As for pot length, the long ones are usually for Les Pauls, but then again some short ones will only work with pickguards.

However in the case of the DK2 you have, the standard (short, or "not long") pots should be fine, since the inside of the top of the body where the pots go is recessed.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X