Tone control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone control

Do you use the tone control on the guitar?
    No
    51.56%
    Yes
    31.25%
    Not active user
    9.38%
    Don't have one
    7.81%
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

I do, but then I don't do all the meedly meedly wankery, so my stuff has texture to it, including Tone Knob douchery.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Out of my 7 electrics, only 2 guitars have them - my Les Paul and my Brian May signature model. For rock/metal, I don't need 'em. I just switch to the neck pup for a darker tone or just pick closer to the neck.

Comment

I have startet to use it more and more to shape my sound. I was looking at guitars with no tonecontrol (Charvels) and single hum guitars and found that it's not for me.
        '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
        '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
        '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
        '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
        '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
        '13 Gibson M-III
        Taylor 214CE
        Dean 6-string Bass
        Morgan Ukulele

Comment

My favorite config is just a 1V, but I do like the tone control on my strat to tame the bark on the HS3 pickup.

Comment

nope volume only. 8 or so of my guitars only have 1 knob and a 3 way switch.

btw...no and dont have one really mean no yuo dont use it I dont use the tone on guitars that have a tone conttrol and the guitars that dont have a tone pot dont because I built it that way
            Last edited by Shawn Lutz; 03-28-2009, 11:01 AM.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Do I use a tone control...

Not normally, but on this one I have a "few" choices.

The term :Mega tone douchery" might possibly apply here.

There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Don't use them if the guitar has one. Stays on ten. at least one I have bypassed it on the bridge pickup.

Comment

yep, all the time and for different things...
                  my fav. lead tone is with neck pick up and tone knob rolled down... I also like doing a wah effect, hitting a chord or a note and then messing with the knob to make it sounds kinda like with wah pedal.
                  Sometimes during a song intro I play the rhythm part with tone rolled all the way down.. and then when the whole band starts blasting I turn it back to 10.
                  And when it's all the way down and doing some tapping and weird tricks... it sometimes can make you sound like a keyboard.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Dear god joelski that thing is a short circuit waiting to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Joelski View Post
                      Not normally, but on this one I have a "few" choices.

The term :Mega tone douchery" might possibly apply here.

Looks like my wiring
                      www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
                      the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Depends on what I'm playing. I use it quite a bit in the southern rock band I'm playing in, but not so much in my own project which is quite a bit heavier.
                        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I have guitars with and without them. For recording or playing at home, I don't need one. They come in very useful for live use though, especially as room dynamics change due to crowd coming/going and "amp gremlins" messing with the great tone that you dialed in during sound check

Comment

I voted no - but sometimes I roll down the neck or middle tone a bit to thicken the sound. So I guess I'm a liar.
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

on my les paul i do , and to get a nice clean sound on singles when im playing live
                              Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                              Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Working...
                              X