Opionions on chambered non archtop bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opionions on chambered non archtop bodies

I was going to buy that strat body from warmoth but then I got a call from the tech telling me that it's chambered lite ash. So I canceled the order.
    Anyone have any experience with a non archtop chambered guitar. I play metal so I didn't think it would sound so good.

I had a Chambered Gibson Les Paul for a couple of months. I know you asked about non archtop bodies but I'll add my 2 cents anyway. I tried everything I could think of, to make the chambered LP sound like a solid body Les Paul ( changed the pickup twice). It had the best silverburst finish I have ever seen and just looked killer. Even today I otfen times regret selling it but it just refused to sound like what I think a metal guitar should sound like. It sounded like a jazz guitar and it lacked sustain. no balls or bite

Comment

Lamb of God are metal, and Mark Morton's signature guitar is chambered. I have one, and it kicks ass!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe,
        how heavy is yours? this body is 3lbs.

Comment

I played a Carvin Allen Holdsworth "Fat Boy" that I was told was chambered. Sounded fine to me.
          "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            Joe,
            how heavy is yours? this body is 3lbs.
            My Morton is 8 pounds.

Comment

From my observations, the chambering warms up the tone a bit. I like Chambered mahogany the best. Great way to save your back too.
              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

"Opionions"? Are those onions planted by Ron Howard?
                WarPig____________________________________________
                "Live every day as if it were your last...
                ...one day it will be."

Comment

I've only owned one chambered guitar - a killer GMP Pawnshop. They can play metal, hell yeah. And any other style, for that matter. As long as we're not talking a big-bodied jazz guitar.

In my limited experience, the only potential downside is an increased risk of feedback. But each guitar is going to be different. Not to mention the combination of guitar and amp. So this is by no means a general rule or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Lamb of God are metal, and Mark Morton's signature guitar is chambered. I have one, and it kicks ass!
                    I second that!

Comment

Isn't Mark's solid, though? Just the sig model is chambered? Thought I read that here once.

Then again, if his is chambered, and he's always swapping pickups, can he be going to solidbody soon?
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
                        I had a Chambered Gibson Les Paul for a couple of months. I know you asked about non archtop bodies but I'll add my 2 cents anyway. I tried everything I could think of, to make the chambered LP sound like a solid body Les Paul ( changed the pickup twice). It had the best silverburst finish I have ever seen and just looked killer. Even today I otfen times regret selling it but it just refused to sound like what I think a metal guitar should sound like. It sounded like a jazz guitar and it lacked sustain. no balls or bite
                        I never bought a chambered LP, but I've played with them a lot in GC. I agree, it just didn't cut. Was muddy. Maybe a Full Shred pickup would work?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Isn't Mark's solid, though? Just the sig model is chambered? Thought I read that here once.

Then again, if his is chambered, and he's always swapping pickups, can he be going to solidbody soon?
                          I thought I read somewhere that his are chambered like his SweeTone model. Apparently he also uses a 25" scale like the SweeTones instead of the 24.75" of the import sig model.
                          I also remember McD saying the first couple they made for him were heavy, but not sure if they were also chambered or not.

Comment

Working...
                          X