New guitar buzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guitar buzz

I just got a new guitar and it has fret buzz on the low E and A strings but only on like frets 1-6. Should I let it sit for a few days (shipping) or adjust the bridge (fixed)?

Try to shim the nut ( a little) see if that helps you may need a truss adjustment and the bridge. If the guitar came from a different environment then you will have to play with different aspects of the guitar to get it where you like it.

Comment

Let it sit a week before adjusting it. Wood doesn't move quickly except in bad ways.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Are the open strings buzzing? If they are, then most likely your nuts too low.

Before you twist the truss, check the relief of the neck - you might need to loosen the rod to let the neck bend up to give the strings some clearance.

While you're waiting a week to setup the guitar (arguable) go order Dan Erlewine's books (How to Make Your Electric Guitar Play Great). Absolutely the #1 thing a guitarist should own.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Working...
          X