Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 hum, 1 vol, 1 on/on mini toggle wiring help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 hum, 1 vol, 1 on/on mini toggle wiring help.

Do any of you know how to hook up a 2 humbuckers to 1 vol and an on/on mini toggle switch? I can't find any diagrams to help.

The mini toggle is 6 prongs. I'm gonna post a picture of the set up and maybe some of you can do the diagram for me with the wires. Lets assume that I taped off the red/white together to make it easy. I'm using a barrel jack too that has 4 prongs coming off it. 3 on the inside (one is longer than the other 2) and one on the outer rim/sleeve. heres the picture for help understanding it, thanks!

"Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

So I understand it that you want a killswitch with the two hums being on all the time?

Or do you want a selector type wiring so so that you have neck/bridge switching?
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

the mini toggle would be used for switching from neck to bridge, visa/versa. thanks
      "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Here ya go... poor mans mockup using your own diagram.

I know it looks funny, but it is correct.

-Rick

Comment

YOUR THE MAN!:idea:

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Just make sure the mini toggle you are using is and ON/ON/ON.
            -Rick

Comment

Dont you just love microsoft paint

Comment

I wired it up exactly, but no juice, nothin, not even a hum, lol. Its only an On/On. Is that why its not working? If I can't figure it out in a couple hours i'm gonna go pay my luthier to do it.

side note: I'm even having trouble hooking up single humbucker/vol guitar today!!! Some days soldering is easy (i wired up some crazy pickup arrangements) but today it completely sucks!

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Wire like Rjohnstone illustrated except the neck pup should be soldered to the upper right pole. Check the operation of the switch if you have an ohm meter. The pole in the middle should be common to the pole on the right and the one on the left, depending on the switch position. Could the switch be bad?

Comment

I think that's a powered jack like you'd find on a WRMG or such. Only one prong should be the hot, and if you're connecting to a ground lug, you'll get no juice.

Do it like RJ said, but connect the pickup wires to both prongs at each end of the switch, not just one. Because that's an On/On switch, the internal connections are a bit different from an On/On/On.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i think it would be neck pickup hot to both bottom poles of the switch, bridge hot to both poles on the top of the switch, then both poles in the middle of the switch should go to the left tab on the pot along with one line from the kill switch, the right tab should be grounded to the pot and the other line of the kill switch. the middle tab on the pot will be your hot out.

anyone correct me if i'm wrong.
                      Last edited by jdr94; 03-26-2009, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X