Production models limited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production models limited?

I thought I read in another thread that the special color production models would be limited to a certain number of each. Is this true?

It's been true since the start. Unlimited Black models but only 150 of each non-black color. That means if you want a White one, you better find one quick.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

cool, thats good to know.

Comment

Didn't know it was only 150 per colour!! Wow...
        http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

150? thousand?

150 seems a bit low.

anyone work for charvel, who knows the real number, or can verify this number?

Comment

It does seem a bit low on the surface, but if you think about it, it may not be that outrageous. Consider the limited number of dealers carrying them and the limited number of guitars each dealer seems to be getting. They're not being carried by GC/MF (or, GuiTarget as I like to call them) and also seem to be very hard to come by outside the CONUS. That's 450 every quarter not counting the black ones that are out there. It does seem possible.

I agree though...it'd be interesting to get a definitive count from one of the employees.

Comment

I think it's been pretty well established that it's 150 each of the limited colors.
              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

150 is correct according to what I heard.
                Not all dealers do the same quantity.
                One local dealer here got 2 Candy Tangerine 1st Run - snapped up instantly.
                No others forthcoming.

Black and Red sell the least. but I suppose that also drives demand for the custom colors, to some degree. The custom colors are certainly very well done.

Comment

i figured a guitar with this much value would be more popular

Comment

the recession is putting the clamps on a lot of purchases right now, these included.

they are great guitars and I'm glad I have one of the ltd CT's.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

The production models seem to be popping up in more and moreplaces ... guitar mags ... more stores.

The latest Sweetwater catalog that just came in the mail has the production models in it.

My understnding is that the initial batches of the custom colors were 150 each color, but who knows ... if the guitars are getting more popular maybe that number would increase. In any case ... the numbers are limited for the customer colors so if you see one you like you better grab it.
                      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                        the recession is putting the clamps on a lot of purchases right now,
                        It certainly is for me...
                        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by DHardmanJr View Post
                          the numbers are limited for the customer colors so if you see one you like you better grab it.
                          I will. In the JCF Classifieds when one of the Guitar Whores (tm) here gets bored with the colour I like
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                          X