Lock Nut Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock Nut Question

I have striped one of the lock nut screws from my JDR-94.

Is this lock nut the correct replacement one ? I don't really know the specs that well.

LOCK NUT 43MM R3 1 11/16" BLN
    (http://cgi.ebay.com/2pcs-BLACK-LIC-F...3A2%7C294%3A50)

Thanks Guys
    Diego
    sigpicPlayForFun

Not sure if the parts right for your guitar, but I would say that there are standard and metric nuts, so be sure you get the right one.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

What's the difference between a metric and an imperial nut? It's just the units that are different. Not like an american allen key will refuse to screw in a European made allen-bolt

Diego, I don't know the neck width at the nut of the JDR-94, but here's what you can do.

Measure across the neck where the nut is, edge to edge.

If it comes out 1-5/8" or 41.30mm, you've got yourself an R2.

If it's 1-11/16" or 42.90mm, you've got yourself an R3/R4.

If you've got 1-5/8", go pop an R2 in there. If it's 1-11/16", measure E-to-e at the nut.

R3 is 35mm, R4 is 36.5mm, or so. That's E-e distance.

That's basically how I could help you decide which one will fit you, without knowing the neck width (my bad).

All three nut types are interchangeable (or were at least), so there shouldn't be any worries there. People have said they changed an R3/R4 to an R2, and it worked.

Oh, and I had to run downstairs to get my calculator so I could get the measurements in fraction form... Damn imperial :ROTF:
      Last edited by Dred; 03-23-2009, 01:57 PM.
      Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
      Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

JAJAJAJA

Thanks for the running !
        sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Oopsies, made a tiny typo in my previous post. Fixed it though.

Where it said, "R3 is 35mm, R4 is 46.5mm, or so. That's E-e distance.", the 46.5mm was in fact supposed to be 36.5mm.

So just incase that threw you off, R4 E-e spacing is approx 36.5mm.
          Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
          Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

the best way to be sure is simply take the nut off and the size should be stamped on the bottom side.

Comment

Check here, this guy has all sorts of jackson parts for sale. i have bought quite a few things off him and they are always in extremely nice cond. Plus he has 100% feedback http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Six-Stri...__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Comment

thanks I ve checked it up but he aint have any on stock right now

Thanks anyway !
                sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

take the nut off and take some pics of it, send them my way im at home bored and i need something to do lol i will help you look

Comment

I am not home right now !

But thanks anyway

I 'll post pics when I get home.
                    sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Ok! Thank you!

Comment

Here is another link bro losts of nuts there:ROTF: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Boyds-Gu...34Q2ec0Q2em322
                        Last edited by blitz; 03-23-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X