Identify this mystery board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify this mystery board

I finally opened the control cavity on that spiderweb strat. I guessed from the pics that the switch was factory, and probably connected to a JE1000 or JE1200 originally. Since the original owner installed an EMG, I knew there would be "electronics drama" going on. Well, here's a pic. I don't see a Jackson thru-hole board, but rather a more modern SMT board that appears to be attached somehow to the "tone" knob. Any guesses as to what it is? The switch is totally disconnected, and the added "tone" knob doesn't appear to do anything (the leads on it are also disconnected).

It might be an older version of an EMG-SPC or EXG, but that's just a guess. I did an image search and nothing looked exactly like it, but they've had a few different versions of each. Here's an old SPC:

Comment

Thanks! Yeah I think that it's a version of the EXG. I retested it, and I can hear the mid scooping going on (not sure how I missed it before...)

Comment

Working...
      X