Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bare Knuckle in a KB Rhoads tuned to B

Hey guys,

My main guitar is a Kevin Bond Rhoads which I love very much. The pickup that's installed now is an EMG 85. I think it's too muddy and bassy and lacks mids in this mahogany guitar. I found that Bare Knuckle has a good reputation in making pickups so I'd like to try one in my KBR. I can't try them at a dealer since there isn't one around here in the Netherlands so I will just have to order one and hope for the best. The descriptions on the website don't help me much though. I don't need a massive output pickup since I'm using an ENGL Fireball which already has insane amounts of gain on tap. I need a pickup that has a balanced voicing especially tuned to B. It's of importance that the KBR is an all neckthru mahogany construction with an ebony fingerboard.

Does anyone have any input on deciding which would be best for me?

Thanks,

Ize

Since you're from Netherlands, why not try a Haeussel Vin+ ?
    Great PU. I got one...
    And you can always send it back if you dont like it.
    '97 KV1 alder

Comment

The Holy Diver sounds great in D standard. It is pretty evenly voiced, and there is note definition when playing cords. From what I gather the Miracle Man is the about the same it just has a ceramic magnet unlike the Holy Diver which has a alnico 5.

Comment

try a miracle man
        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

You can always contact Tim at Bareknuckle Pickups. He's good about replying to emails and queries. Good guy.

I'm currently using a BKP Warpig in a Soloist. Killer sounding. Also have a 'ceramic' Nailbomb in my 6-string baritone. Very nicely voiced. Both guitars mentioned are either maple and alder combinations. For a mahogany guitar you may want to try a Painkiller - though it can be very 'hot'.

Best bet contact Tim @ BKP for advice.

-Pete

Comment

Working...
          X