Jackson 4x12 Speaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson 4x12 Speaker?

I just picked up a Jackson 4x12. It's the type with the carpet on the outside, metal grill with the logo centered. Not much info on these. I bought it with one speaker blown and have wired it to a 2x12 for now. For an amp without much info, I'm really enjoying the tone. The speakers are not red, but black with the Jackson Logo on the center.

My question is this: It's damn near impossible to find just one 16 ohm 12 inch Jackson speaker. I have heard that the Jackson speakers were made my eminance?

I'm looking for a similiar replacement. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

BTW: this is not my first post. It's been about a year or so since my last logon and it appears my new post count is 1?

Here's mine...no carpet (on this one), but the same speakers...

They sound decent enough, and if you are patient, they come up on craigslist every once in a while...thing is, the 4 X 12 cab with speakers goes for $150 tops used, so you might be well advised to find another brand 16 ohm speaker and not to get too hung-up on a Jackson one...just my .02!
    Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Those were some kind of Eminence speakers that are no longer made. You'd have to see if Eminence makes something close, but I'd just put in whatever speakers you like.
      I've got a pair of the 2x12s with the red speakers, they sound great.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far! I think I did well paying 75 bucks for it. I have to admit, the sound is better than I expected.

Comment

damn thats a good deal. yeah i liked my jackson 4-12. the speakers sounded alot better when i pulled em outta that particle board cab and put it in a nice birch cab.

+1 on puttin in what you want. i'd X pattern em with some V30s.

Comment

My Jackson 4X12 cab is solid as a rock and heavy as lead.No partical board in mine.
            The red cones rock IMO.
            I love my cab wish I had another one.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

My 2x12s are heavy as lead, too.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i guess mine was a little different. i had a black grill and a black cone. it was still heavy as all hell.

Comment

Well for the time being, I replaced the bottom two with Crate 50 watt/16 ohms from a Crate V212. Not to bad of a sound for now.

Comment

Working...
                  X