Kahler 2320?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler 2320?

Hey guys, im getting a Jackson Stars King V with a Kahler 2320. Im just wondering, since this is a trem kahler, and not a fixed one, i want to avoid the off-tuning problems when bending. if i tighten the middle screw (supposedely increases spring tension) to as far as it goes,, will that be enough to turn her to an almost fixed bridge? and possibly avoid the bending thing? nevermind the whammy i dont really use it. but they dont produce a fixed kahler on this model.
    Last edited by leevan_lee; 03-20-2009, 11:09 AM.

Originally posted by leevan_lee View Post
    Hey guys, im getting a Jackson Stars King V with a Kahler 2320. Im just wondering, since this is a trem kahler, and not a fixed one, i want to avoid the off-tuning problems when bending. if i tighten the middle screw (supposedely increases spring tension) to as far as it goes,, will that be enough to turn her to an almost fixed bridge? and possibly avoid the bending thing? nevermind the whammy i dont really use it. but they dont produce a fixed kahler on this model.
    I don't know if tightening the middle screw that increases spring tension will do the trick.

As far as I know the Hybrid series (7300) has a screw in the rear of the bridge that you can tighten and it kills the trem aspect completely. Though, the 2300 models are considered the Professional series and I don't know if they have this feature. Judging by the pics on Kahlers site, they don't.

What I would do is email [email protected] and ask them your question. They've been pretty quick and informative when I have had to get information.

Comment

oh ok will do, thanks bud! how aer your experiences on this issue with kahler bending detuning?

Comment

oh ok will do, thanks bud! how aer your experiences on this issue with kahler bending detuning?
        All my Kahler equipped guitars have had the fixed bridge 3310/3300 models on 'em so I have never had the bending problem. I've seen a handful of videos on Youtube about it though.

I'm not much of a trem guy. Though, if I had to have a trem on my guitar I would get a Kahler simply because I don't like how Floyds feel. They're very flat. The Kahlers ability to adjust individual string height makes for a more comfortable bridge imo.

If the 2320 doesn't have that screw to disable the trem function you could always purchase a 7330/3300 fixed Kahler bridge. It's a direct replacement. The 7330 model goes for about $99 bucks on Ebay.

Comment

I have the Kahler 2320 with my Jackson Stars too. Mine is the soloist model.
          I am happy with the 2320.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon[Nade] View Post
            I have the Kahler 2320 with my Jackson Stars too. Mine is the soloist model.
            I am happy with the 2320.

hey lemon, does yours go out of tune slightly after major friedmanesque bending?

Comment

hey lemon, does yours go out of tune slightly after major friedmanesque bending?
              Yes. It happens when i am doing "big bendings"
              Its normal for kahler, but some say its not normal.
              I think its cause by the saddles. I don't know how to fix it so i just gotta suck it up.

Comment

Yes. It happens when i am doing "big bendings"
                Its normal for kahler, but some say its not normal.
                I think its cause by the saddles. I don't know how to fix it so i just gotta suck it up.
                one trick is to put solder on the balls of the strings so they don't move as much in the slots. I never noticed mine model 6 doing this until someone asked me if one that I was selling did it.

Comment

does this mean bends that are more than a whole note? or whole note bends already cause detuning?

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                    one trick is to put solder on the balls of the strings so they don't move as much in the slots. I never noticed mine model 6 doing this until someone asked me if one that I was selling did it.
                    Yea there is a tutor video on youtube.
                    That video name is something like Floyd rose VS Kahler or something like that.

Comment

does this mean bends that are more than a whole note? or whole note bends already cause detuning?
                      A whole note bending is enough to cause that problem.

Comment

My Kahler Pros stay in tune nicely for the most part. When I do have issues it's usually because a roller has gotten gunked up or something. Bending definitely does not make them go out of tune.

Comment

I had the 2300 on a Les Paul-style years ago, and no, bending by hand never moved the bridge. If the strings are going out, they weren't stretched enough.

As well, mine had plastic cups (or at least very cheap metal) for the balls, so soldering is out of the question for me.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sorry its probably my bad setup. I really thought its a common problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X