MOP Sharkie chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOP Sharkie chip

Short and simple. Would anyone recommend superglue to prevemt a sharkie chip from spreading? How band is it for the board? Any alternatives? Thanks
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Pictures?

Comment

yes. most certainly. done it a few times.
      get some water thin super glue, let a little run in there, and hit it with some glue accelerator. scrape the excess level with a razor blade, and you're done. this is how you can prevent cracked inlays from spreading, and how you can fill in missing spots as well.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, I've some of that gneric yellow-tube Cyanoacrilate (This stuff) lying around. It's quite runny, not sure if it's "water thin", but it seems to run quite well. Any idea how that would turn out?
        Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

have you had it for more than a few months? super glue's efficacy decreases quickly. get some fresh stuff for the job. if you have a hobby lobby near you, go to the model car section, get yourself some medium viscosity super glue and some accelerator. fresh glue = good.

Edited to add: if you have a crack in a complete inlay, get water thin. If you've got a chip to fill, get the medium viscosity.
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Gotcha. It's just a chip on the tip. The glue I've got hasn't been opened so it's pretty much as fresh as it gets.

Thanks man!

Comment

No prob. good luck!

sully
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
              X