JE-1000 / greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JE-1000 / greetings

Greetings all, this is my first post here. I hail from Hungary, i have an rx10d w/ j50bc and j50n, and play in a local band.

I would like to put a JE-1000 circuit in my guitar, but nobody seems to sell one of those... I know there's the ESP MM-04 which is very similar, but before i go and buy one, i thought i'd try to find a schematic and build my own JE-1000.

I couldn't find any schematic yet for this little thing.
    What i found was this:

This seems to be a JE-1200 to me, what do you think?
    I looked up threads here which discuss these parts, and i also took a look at audiozone.dk's catalog scans. What do you think, how the je-1200 and je-1000 differ in sound characteristics?

Anyway, if you happen to have a schematic of the JE-1000 (or the ESP MM-04) that i could use, please let me know. Or if you have such a circuit, some close pics of it may help me to draw the schematic...

Thanks in advance!

Ngetal

that looks like chinese arithmetic.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Well, I don't wanna distract your quest, and if you can build one to see, that's outstanding. But, I've owned the misc jackson units (1000-1200 etc) and went EMG PA-2 on all my guitars.

Some people swear by the Jacksons, but I have always found them to be noisy and outdated 20 year old technology.

I'm all for something that is old that is awesome (like me), but I have all three units laying on my bench downstairs and gathering dust. Hoping someday, maybe I'll have a change of heart.

Comment

I only heard sound samples, recordings etc. with the JE-1000, and liked the sound it can produce, never had the chance to try it out, as nobody owns one in my area. I'm still not sure which unit i want, this is why i'd prefer to build one. And if it turns out good, i will have a truly unique preamp

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
        I have all three units laying on my bench downstairs and gathering dust.
        Hey if that's true, may i ask you to take some really close pics of them from all sides and mail/skype/whatever them to me? If i'm lucky, i can reverse engineer the schematic from the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonaxes View Post
          that looks like chinese arithmetic.
          What do you mean by that?

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal View Post
            but I have all three units laying on my bench downstairs and gathering dust. Hoping someday, maybe I'll have a change of heart.
            Maybe wanna sell? I'd love to own a JE1000.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
              Maybe wanna sell? I'd love to own a JE1000.
              Don't let me out of that too!

Comment

K, well, I've torn my house apart and can't find the 1000. I found a JE-1200 and two JE-1500's and took pics of those at least...

It's been years since I yanked these out of their respective guitars, and I know the 1000 is here somewhere. I remember it vividly as I used to mess with the DIP switch setting, and it's the only unit with those. I doubt I'd have given it away, so I'm baffled. Will try to locate nonetheless.

Here's pics of the 1200 and 1500 and a manual for all JC electronics of that era.

http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm89/jdw2150/JE/

Comment

Over at the Jackson Palace (http://www.jacksonguitarpalace.com/forum/), someone built one from scratch. He might be able to help you with yours.

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com
                  www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Hey, thank you very much! Even if it's not the je-1000, at least i can try out these too.
                    I'm gonna check these pics out soon, i hope i will be able to decode them!

Thanks again!

Comment

I'll check tis too, thank you! I hope that guy can send me the schematics.

Comment

I thought Fender still sold the JE1200 system?

At least I bought one new in UK and it was sourced from Fender about 3 years ago.

If that is still the case then they may have some JE1000 systems too?

Comment

Yeah, possible. I know that some people bought off last of the JE1000/JE1200 from Fender Scandinavia about 2-3 years ago. It's possible that Fender UK still has some left. Would you be kind enough to check for a JE1000 for me?

Comment

Working...
                          X