Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend a good amp tech in NH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recommend a good amp tech in NH?

I'm looking for a quality oriented, knowledgeble tube amp tech in Southern New Hampshire. I just need to get it biased but don't want take it to the kids at Guitar Center. Can anyone recommend someone in this area that they use and trust to do a good job? I'm not sure there are even a lot of people besides me living in NH much less good amp techs. Thanks in advance

Sorry, the best I can get you is Maine or Somerville, MA

Comment

Somerville is about 60 miles from me, I'd prefer closer but am open to options so lay it on me.

Comment

http://www.usedsound.com/Index.aspx

Rockin' Bob's Guitars
        31 Holland Street
        Davis Square
        Somerville, MA
        617-625-7707

I've brought about 4-5 amps there over the past 8ish years and they've been great when I got them back.
        He usually runs about 2 week wait time.
        The only "problem" I had wasn't even his fault (blown resistor) and he just charged me for the part and not the labor because I just had it in there a week earlier.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out. Much appreciated.

Comment

no problem, good luck.

I forgot, I think he starts at a flat $60 bench fee.

Comment

What about Daddy's?

Comment

Just found this with a quick search on-line: http://www.garysguitars.biz/amps.htm

Also, doesn't Dave Hunter, the guy that wrote Tube Amp Handbook and sells the 2 Stroke Amp Kit live in New Hampshire? I don't know if he still works on amps, but maybe he does?

Comment

Where in New Hampshire are you from? I live in this little town called Hillsboro.
                  "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Howdy neighbor!
                    I'm in Weare
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                    X