Removing stock EMG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing stock EMG's

Would you need to change the electronics and wiring to convert to factory EMG's to Seymour Duncans?

yes and no... I would just get all new electronics and start over myself, that is if the guitar is old. if your doing dual humbuckers you will typically need a 500k pots, emgs use 25-50k pots. So if your going from active to passive deff replace the pots. Also a picture of the cavity of the guitar would help us get an idea of what you are working on

Comment

You can keep the switches and output jack as is. But as was just mentioned, change out the pots to match the Duncans.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I think gibson style pots fit most newer jackson guitars but not completely sure on that! Someone will set me straight soon if im wrong lol, but you can get them from your local g/c or on ebay
        Last edited by blitz; 03-09-2009, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Are you going to duncan actives or passives??

Comment

passives!!

Comment

yup new 500k pots keep the input jack and switches maybe a little new wire and soildering and your good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by blitz View Post
                I think gibson style pots fit most newer jackson guitars but not completely sure on that!
                Definitely not!

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90823

Comment

Personally I'd switch out the output jack as well, since you won't need a stereo jack anymore, but it won't cause any problems. The important thing to do is the pots. Switch them to 500K. The stock EMGs use 10k pots.
                  Scott

Comment

50K, not 10K.

Anyhoo, swap out the jack as well. When you sell the EMGs, you're either going to piss off a buyer that didn't know they didn't come with the required jack (which while not difficult to get, it's an inconvenience), or you'll just not be able to sell them as easily.

Keep the switch(es) - those don't care what pickups you use.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Actually they use 25k pots.

Rememer to shield your control cavity and run a Ground wire from your bridge to your volume pot.
                      'Howling in shadows
                      Living in a lunar spell
                      He finds his heaven
                      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                      X