Fucking Schaller and their dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucking Schaller and their dimensions

So I've gone and put a Gotoh where once a Schaller was. Perfect fit. One problem, intonation is as off as you can humanly get. It goes a halfstep flat at the saddle's furthest point. Which saddle? All of em.

Any ideas boys?

EDIT

Hold that thought!

Forgot there are two positions for the screw. I'll keep ya posted. Silly me jumping to conclusions
    Last edited by Dred; 03-09-2009, 03:07 PM.
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Right, disregard the last bit, I already had the saddles on the closest-to-neck position. Anyone got any ideas?
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

check your PMs, you got me intrigued.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I seem to remember hearing that on here before, that the Schaller's knife edges put it a little off compared to an OFR or other trems.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes, this is a common issue. There's about 1/16 " difference in post position on a guitar with a factory Schaller trem vs. OFR. Sometimes you can get a guitar to intonate when you swap between a Schaller and OFR (or licensed trem with the same dimensions), and sometimes you can't. If any of the saddles need to be near their exreme range for your particular setup, that's when the problem arises.

Comment

yeah, but we're not workin with an ofr, we're workin with a gotoh. his intonation needs to go even further (according to what i got from a pm), so it's kind of odd.

i replied in a pm to put the schaller back on and see if it intonates (he never said that it did to begin with), and i also asked if the body and neck were meant for each other (iirc, he's got a 24 fret neck on a 24.75 scale body). it could be a parts mismatch as well.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
            X