Endorsements....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endorsements....

Who can we name at this point as an "endorsee" that actually gets radio play? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Mustaine yes, but thats not much in my neck of the woods.

Re: Endorsements....

I still hear Def Leppard songs on the radio around here, but none off the last album, I don't think...

Trans-Siberian Orchestra gets some at this time of year, too. OutKast and Toby Keith certainly do, although I doubt actual Jackson guitars were used on their records. (Well, maybe Toby Keith's, but it's still unlikely.)

We get Internet radio play, does that count? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I forgot about Def Lep. Unfortunately they're not as hot as they used to be.

Your an Endorsee and get played on radio Micheal? YOUR IN ! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't forget about Megadeth, they still get some airplay. Although Dave isn't playing right now, he's still an endorsee.

Also, Orgy is getting some airplay on the Alternative Rock stations.
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Actually I think a Jackson gets better exposure with the metal bands that appear in Metal mags. Thats where they are seen. No one knows (or cares for the most part) what guitar is being played on the radio. And video is almost obsolete for metal so the only visual is the metal mag. Even the smaller ones have awesome pics just look at Throat Culture, BW&BK, Terrorizer, The Pit, Promethean Crusade, Metal Rules, Unrestrained, and tones more. Al have lesser known bands with awesome full page pics, so its great for Jackson (Fender)to have these bands showing their guitars off. I cant tell you how many younger people at our shows see our Jacksons or some ones BC Rich and say they love them and always wanted one because of pictures they see in these Metal mags.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

What about Anthrax? I've never heard them on the radio

Comment

I saw a KISS video yesterday on VH1 Classic and Paul Stanley (think thats his name, but the 1 thats not Ace) was playing a Jackson soloist.

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] , if he was playing a soloist it was either Mark St John or Bruce Kulick ... what did it look like ...

[ December 04, 2002, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yeah, that KISS video is for "Heaven's On Fire" and that's Mark St.John with a black Soloist. He also used Jackson strats but preferred the neck throughs. Bruce Kulick played bolt on Charvels from SD, no?
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                    Actually I think a Jackson gets better exposure with the metal bands that appear in Metal mags. Thats where they are seen. No one knows (or cares for the most part) what guitar is being played on the radio. And video is almost obsolete for metal so the only visual is the metal mag. Even the smaller ones have awesome pics just look at Throat Culture, BW&BK, Terrorizer, The Pit, Promethean Crusade, Metal Rules, Unrestrained, and tones more. Al have lesser known bands with awesome full page pics, so its great for Jackson (Fender)to have these bands showing their guitars off. I cant tell you how many younger people at our shows see our Jacksons or some ones BC Rich and say they love them and always wanted one because of pictures they see in these Metal mags.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I say Radio because, these are the most popular bands (attention getters). Commercial radio and MTV are the best advertisement. Metal mags are poorly distributed, unfortunately.

Kiss fans buy Les Pauls. Anthrax has seen their day. So........ other than Megadeth?????
                    But, I will say this. I'd hate to see the "flavor of the week bands" playing Custom Shop guitars! Its an issue that needs to be addressed I feel...... in some fashion.

Comment

For Jackson, who are considered a metal guitar (Even by Fender) it is better than radio. You dont see the guitar being played on the radio so how do you know what it is? As far a videos go....Most metal band dont even bother, due to poor airplay. I see most of those mags and more know mags like Metal Maniacs on the shelves of any 7E or news stand so they get their fair share.

Comment

No you don't see the guitars on the radio. But, you hear the band, you like the band. You're a guitar player and you want to know how they get that sound.......what are they playing? I agree though. The mags are great too.

Fender already has top names..SRV, Beck, Clapton, Malmsteen etc. People picture pros with Fenders because big pros play their guitars. Jackson needs more relation with that caliber player to get more attention. Look at ESP and BC Rich they are also associated with pros in the Metal scene on a bigger scale. Jackson needs to step up to the plate on this issue.TASTEFULLY mind you.

Comment

It would be nice to see someone like Vai come back. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Dave...Do you REALLY think that Vai would leave Ibeenhad ???...He and Satch are about their BIGGEST endorsees, and I'm SURE they have been greasing his wheel pretty well for YEARS !!!!

Comment

From what I read in the old forum when the buyout was announced. The Fender rep. himself said Fender will not pay ANYONE to endorse their guitars. Which I happen to agree with. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
                              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                              Amp... Pioneer
                              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                              X