"Monster" cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Monster" cables

A local shop recommended these to me. They're not cheap at £60 a throw. Anyone here use them?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

They're overpriced. The Monster brand was once a sign of quality, but the past 5-6 years or so they've just been putting their name on regular cables and charging 300% more.
    Scott

Comment

They do have a lifetime warranty don't they?
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

I've used monsters, I still have a few around somewhere.. They're an OK cable but if you shop around you can get better quality for about the same premium price. That being said I don't have any monster cables that I would consider "bad", just not the best value.

Comment

I have one. It's not a bad cable, but I can't say it's the be all end all of cables
          Don

Comment

Try George L cables there great! you can really tell a differance. Also have monster studio links gold tips for the fx loops. Cables make a big differance.
            EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
            1959Epiphone les paul
            george L cables
            mxr pedals
            Engl fireball 100

Comment

Want the very best ? Get Analysis Plus.

Their yellow flex is the best mix of price and performance.

They have a proprietary design. They sound better than any other cable period. But they are expensive. I paid $129 for a 15'
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

the only thing that makes moster cables worth it, is their return policy. if anything happens to the cable, you can mail it back and they'll send you a new one, no questions asked. other than that... buy dimarzio cable.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                  the only thing that makes moster cables worth it, is their return policy. if anything happens to the cable, you can mail it back and they'll send you a new one, no questions asked. other than that... buy dimarzio cable.
                  Why mail it back? Just walk into any shop that sells them and exchange it.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

a lot of MC dealers are no longer participating in that program.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I'm gonna get a 10ft Dimarzio cable having read the above and the Dimarzio site.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                        a lot of MC dealers are no longer participating in that program.
                        Really? That's interesting. Wonder why. Guess they're too lazy to send it back to MC.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Also, dont count out Planet waves cables.
                          Sam

Comment

Planet Wave cables seem to coil up easily, hence I stopped buying them.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

is that a concern, moving from one side of the bedroom to the other?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X