Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500K Pot Brands for a Jackson DKMGT Electric Guitar

Hello,

I've searched the forums and could not find a specific thread on what I was looking for exactly. Basically, I am replacing the pickup combo on my Jackson DKMGT electric guitar from the EMG 85/81 combo to the Seymour Duncan SH-1 59'/TB-12 Screamin' Demon combo, and need 500K pots instead of 250K pots. I've actually bought two sets CTS brand 500K pots now. The first set contained Split Long-Shaft pots, which could not go through my volume/tones holes. I then purchased Split Short-Shaft pots thinking they'd fit, but they didn't.

I think I've seen exactly what I need, but I really don't want to go through the same mistake for the third time. What brand of 500K pots would you guys recommend that would fit in a Jackson electric guitar?

Thanks for your time.

good pots(american made) will not fit. you need to do some drilling/routing. you might have to break the tabs off and leave the washer off if you use the short pots. I am supprised that with the emg pots that the holes aren't big enough.
    Last edited by Rich#6; 03-04-2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

If you had EMG's then you should of had 500K pots put in. If you didn't you might want to try them with, before you change your pick ups.
      90'/91' Charvel (heavily modified) 275 Deluxe
      94'/95' Jackson Kelly STD
      00' Jackson RR5 with Black hardware
      O3'/04' Jackson KE3

Comment

If you had EMG's then you should of had 500K pots put in. If you didn't you might want to try them with, before you change your pick ups.
        Active EMGs have 25k pots. they will not work with passive pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by ManInTheBox6 View Post
          No, actives are 25K - 50K pots. (edit sorry Rich, I was working and forgot to hit the submit button. I hate when work interferes with your online time)

You either need cheap quality foreign small pots (hard to find in a long shaft), or you reem the holes and use your good quality CTS pots.

(edit2: looks like I just repeated what Rich said. Damn work!)
          Last edited by DonP; 03-04-2009, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Pardon me, that's right!
            90'/91' Charvel (heavily modified) 275 Deluxe
            94'/95' Jackson Kelly STD
            00' Jackson RR5 with Black hardware
            O3'/04' Jackson KE3

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              No, actives are 25K - 50K pots.
              For the most part, but the active Duncan Dave Mustaine JB/Jazz Livewires use 100k.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                good pots(american made) will not fit. you need to do some drilling/routing. you might have to break the tabs off and leave the washer off if you use the short pots. I am supprised that with the emg pots that the holes aren't big enough.
                Yeah, the EMG pots had a smaller diameter shaft.

Dang, that sucks. Not only is that more expenses (somehow drilling the hole bigger) but I have to re-buy those pots I sold. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                X