More pickup wiring Qs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More pickup wiring Qs

Suppose you take the red and white wires of 2 Duncans and attach both reds to one switch option and both whites to another option. What would be the effect? Anyone know?

I'm guessing I'll get one coil of each pickup, but would they be in series or parallel?

Also, what if you connect the red of one and the white of the other to the same option, and vice-versa on another option? Splits again? Series or parallel?

Regarding Jackson/Charvel models with the 2 singles at the bridge (ala early Warriors), was either of those reverse wound? Or RWRP?

I'm digging in with a Jackson Special 5-way and I'm setting it up (hopefully) as 4 separate groups of 5 options each, with each group selected by 2 push/pull pots, and the p/p switches selected by a 2-way mini-toggle. All I need now is to figure out 4 completely different wiring options to make that a worthwhile setup.

So far I've got a "standard" setup (bridge1, split bridge 1, bridge2, split neck, neck), a Strat setup (split bridge1, split bridge 1 + split bridge 2, split bridge 2, split br2 + split neck, split neck), and would like to wire up the other 2 with various red+white combos (red of one, white of another, 2 reds, 2 whites, rw of one + black of the 3rd, etc), but I'd like to have some idea of what those combos would produce.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

i would think parallel since red w/red and white w/ white. series would be red to point white to red2 and white2 to other point. you probably already know this page but heres a few push/pull, spdt, etc. stuff. theres some cool stuff

http://www.deaf-eddie.net/drawings/drawings.html

Comment

Thanks. I did a few minor tests - red to red, white to white, etc. That gave me an idea for another wiring accessory to expedite various wiring configurations, but I've got to design and build something first to make it work. Should be very interesting (even if it's not very useful )
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The second option (red of one to white of the other/vise-versa) should give you outer coils of each pickup or inner coils of each pickup, in series. This is the standard way 2 hums are wired to the Jackson special switch in a Model 5 or 750XL.

The first option has me stumped after staring at diagrams for 5 minutes. I still think it's in series, but as for what the hell else is going on... ?? Travis used to mess around with the wiring on his 750s and do non-standard stuff. I bet he could figure it out.
        Last edited by dg; 03-02-2009, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X