Will this neck fit a Rhoads body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this neck fit a Rhoads body?

Will any Jackson neck fit a Rhoads body? What issues may/would arise if it did?

My main concern is if there is an issue since this neck has 24 frets and most Rhoads necks have 22...

Neck Specs:
    - 25-1/2" Scale Length
    - 24 Jumbo Frets
    - 1-11/16" (43mm) Nut Width
    - 2-1/4" Heel Width

The one in particular I'm looking at is a 2006 Pro Series DK2 neck

:think:

No the guitar will not intonate properly. Has to be 22 frets.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      he is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        Scott

Comment

i thought so....damn. almost every neck i find, including replacements, are 24 frets wtf...

Comment

Just hacksaw off the last two frets worth of neck and pound that thing in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              Just hacksaw off the last two frets worth of neck and pound that thing in there!
              :ROTF: Sounds like my first attempt at building a mutt using a hacksaw, hammer and chisle. That thing was an absolute mess.

Seriously, you can find 22 fret Jackson necks. I usually go for 90's pro and concept necks. Super slim profiles. I haven't tried an India made (dot inlay) neck. Does anyone have experience with these? Are they compound radius?

Comment

What i'm REALLY looking for is one with a Natural headstock. Preferably not reverse. Preferably maple fingerboard with the black sharkfin inlays. going for that all natural look. this is going to be my next project once the RR3's finished next week. I'm going to make everything possible wood on this next one...just for the hell of it. I mean i know it's wood....but I want it to LOOK like wood. Wood knobs and everything...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  That's what RobRR did to make his "RR3M".
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Depending on how snug the neck of a strat will sit in a jackson neck pocket, you could order a warmoth. It will cost you a few hundred quid, but you will be able to ecide on most of the options yourself! Then again, really depends how that strat heel will sit in the pocket. If you're of the woodworking type, order a tele heeled neck and shave the wood down yourself. but I wouldn't do it
                    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

the only rhoads body that would even come close to fitting is a js30rr and they are 24 fret bodys still not completely sure on that though! And all warmoth necks are fender scale with different headstocks stuck on them trust me ive called and they told me the neck would never play right on my jackson, if anyone dosent believe me just give em a call

Comment

A 24 fret neck will work if you either cut the neck pocket a bit deeper or cut off the end of the neck under the fingerboard. Otherwise the nut will be too far away from the bridge and wont intonate like stated above. Or just buy a 22fret neck. A strat neck is too narrow and wont fit the pocket properly.
                        Gil

Comment

I'm not above chopping a neck down to make it fit if I knew exactly where I should cut it, but I don't want to drop $200 on the one I was looking at and then screw it up.

So am I to understand then that any jackson neck with the same specs but 22 fret will work?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                            A 24 fret neck will work if you either cut the neck pocket a bit deeper or cut off the end of the neck under the fingerboard. Otherwise the nut will be too far away from the bridge and wont intonate like stated above. Or just buy a 22fret neck.
                            +Million
                            The most important thing to remember when swapping necks, I believe.

Originally posted by brian_duvall_84 View Post
                            I'm not above chopping a neck down to make it fit if I knew exactly where I should cut it, but I don't want to drop $200 on the one I was looking at and then screw it up.

So am I to understand then that any jackson neck with the same specs but 22 fret will work?
                            Indeed. RR3 would be your best bet if we're looking at today's production series, I'd say. You may also find older necks from discontinued models out there, but I'm not really sure what's "out there on offer" so to speak. Most necks on eBay and such, are from today's production models.

Maybe a charvel neck would suit you, but for some reason I've a hunch they may be using Fender neck pockets. Maybe the older Model series would be a possibility?
                            Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                            Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Maybe a charvel neck would suit you, but for some reason I've a hunch they may be using Fender neck pockets. Maybe the older Model series would be a possibility
                              No not unless you are putting a pre pro strat neck on there.
                              If you want a maple board the model series would work but they are rare and most have the behind the nut lock. The model 1s had then with no lock and the 4Ms with locks. They will only be dot inlays with black headstocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X