What Seymour Duncan Pickup Is This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Seymour Duncan Pickup Is This?

is says HMBHB-LW-B on the back. It is running at 18 volts( can't run at 9).
    With the white logo I thought it was a Blackout but their code is AHB. I don't think it's a Heavy metal live wire because they had raised black logos and the coding looks wrong.
    Help Me Help Me.
    I haven't heard back from SD yet.

Looks like one of the old style Live Wire Metals. Didn't you get that from me? If so, that's what it is.

Comment

No, this came out of my charvel san dimas.

Comment

It looks like a Metal Livewire to me as well.
        Those need 18v to run and 100k pots. It should also be hardwired.
        The newer versions like the AH1,AH2B's and even the Classic Metal use 25k pots and feature a quik connect wiring like an EMG.

I have one in my KV Standard tuned to Eb and it sounds really good. It has alot of mids, and at times almost too much. I remedy that by slightly scooping the mids on my Engl preamp.

It's very natural/passive sounding and very responsive. I will always prefer EMG's, but this is a nice alternative, while keeping actives in it.
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Oh ok. I still believe that is what it is though.

Comment

thanks guys , but I thought those had raised logos and were not white logos. I had a set in a charvel model A I had years ago. I hated those pickups but I liked this one but it was too much in a one pickup guitar. Much better with a dimarzio super distortion.

Comment

I did some digging and found an old pic of the LW Metal I sold and it had a white logo. So I'm 97% positive thats what ya got.

Last edited by RR_YJMFAN; 02-19-2009, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X