Painting a trans colured guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting a trans colured guitar

I'm not gonna do this myself. I've been offered the option to have my guitar painted by one of two people in the UK. Once the guitar is stripped down to the wood, does anything still show through the new paint? I wanted to go for a graphic finish, but if the "stripes" show through, I may just go for another trans-finish.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

you're killing me
    I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

How? It was just a thought, might not do it. Can't afford another guitar for a while anyway.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        Once the guitar is stripped down to the wood, does anything still show through the new paint?
        Depends on the paint...

If you want the grain to show through, you could dye the wood before clear, or just use a tinted clearcoat. Traditional paint is going cover completely with no visible grain with 1-3 coats usually, and you would want to apply a sealer/filler on the bare wood before paint.

Comment

I guess I just think trans black looks cool the way it is. If it had dings I'd be all for a refin, but that guitar is perfect. But hey, its yours, man
          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

I was just thinking since Jackson won't do Tobacco Sunburst as a standard finish anymore and the burst only seems to show well in bright light, it might be preferable for me to get it repainted.

The Nebula is my baby and I'll never repaint her or let her go
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
            X