Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help! S/S/H and Fender 5 way switch wiring dilema...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help! S/S/H and Fender 5 way switch wiring dilema...

I was using the diagram below as a guideline, but I don't know what the hell to do with the J90 wiring.

What I originally did was connect the black and green wires to the switch, leave red and white twisted together and grounded the bare wire to the volume pot. This way the single coils sound great with no undesirable hum at all, but there is virtually no output coming from the humbucker. I then reversed the black and green wires on the switch but that didn't make a difference. When I ground the red and white twisted pair that brings the humbucker to life, but at the cost of unacceptable humming/buzzing and popping when my fingers contact the strings...

Maybe one of you kind folks can review the picture below and spell it out for me?

Attach either the green or black to the ground with the bare. Jackson pickups for the most part followed Duncan wiring (green and black are hot, red and white are splits).

As far as I know, you don't have to actually ground the red and white, just make sure they're connected to each other.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Oh... Yeah I knew that, But thanks anyway.

The single coils in this thing are still a tad noisy compared to my Model 4 and 475. Nothing I can't live with, though.

Newc for Prez!

Comment

As I recall, single coils are noisy by nature. Unless you've got the Jackson J200 stacked singles? The ones that don't have visible poles?

If you've got the J100s (visible poles) those are going to be noisy.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

if you touch something metal on your guitar and it changes the hum then you have a grounding issue.

Comment

They are the J100's.

I figured a little hum was normal. I do love the tone these things produce. I get a killer old school bluesy tone out of a solid state Fender.

Thanks a ton for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
            X