Broken truss rod repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken truss rod repair

I'm lusting after an '05 white Explorer on the 'bay; problem is, it has a broken truss rod. I did a little research, and repair is possible using a few specialized tools. So my questions are:

Has anyone here fixed a truss rod, and how difficult was it?

Do any of you guys have a core drill and rethreading die that you'd sell, or should I buy the StewMac kit?

That's about it. Auction is up in 3 days, so depending on what I learn from you guys (such as "give it up!"), and *if* I win (not planning to go overly high), I may or may not have an Explorer.

Thanks!
    WarPig____________________________________________
    "Live every day as if it were your last...
    ...one day it will be."

BTW, sorry for this being off-topic (Gibson as opposed to Jackson/Charvel). I feel so at home here (and so many guys like Gibbys) that I posted without thinking.
    WarPig____________________________________________
    "Live every day as if it were your last...
    ...one day it will be."

Comment

Originally posted by WarPig View Post
      BTW, sorry for this being off-topic (Gibson as opposed to Jackson/Charvel). I feel so at home here (and so many guys like Gibbys) that I posted without thinking.
      ?

A guitar is a guitar. Jacksons can have broken truss rods too.

I live 4 hours from Dan Erlewine. He's the only on I trust with my Gibsons.

Comment

if it busted at the base of the threads, the Stew Mac is a great option from what I have seen. I have not had to make that repair yet, but if I had, that is the way I would go.
        Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
        http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
          if it busted at the base of the threads, the Stew Mac is a great option from what I have seen. I have not had to make that repair yet, but if I had, that is the way I would go.
          +1

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Sp...escue_Kit.html

Comment

Working...
          X