3DR Wiring Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DR Wiring Diagram

Ive searched Seymour duncans website and i still dont find anything.
    Can anyone tell me the wiring diagram for The 3dR? it has a singe coil neck and a bridge humbucker on a 5 way switch. ive heard you can get so many different sounds from it.

Are you installing duncan pickups? if so just put it in the way you took the other out. or are you asking how to wire a duncan up?
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

If it's the Jackson Special 5-way with 2 wafers and prongs out the wahzoo, then yes, you can wire it up for 5 totally independent sounds.

However, they usually came from the factory wired for traditional Strat-style 5-way operation.

First thing you want to do is remove all connections, BUT take note of where the pickups were connected.

There should be a jumper connecting the two wafers. This joins them and makes the switch operate like a Strat switch. Remove it.

You'll want to round up some Jumper Leads - wires with alligator clips on them. These will allow you to test connections before soldering anything.

It's been a while since I wired one, and the guitar I have one in now is buried somewhere in a pile of rearranging

Anyway, I think this is how it goes:

Prongs closest to the post that holds the wafers together is the Output to the jack (check yours first!)

After that is the prong for position 1 (bridge), then 2, 3, 4 and 5 (neck).

Doesn't matter which wafer you start on, really.

Let's assume you want maximum switching versatility:
      Bridge full
      Split Bridge
      Both full
      Split Bridge + Neck
      Neck
      (assuming the neck pickup cannot be split)

First, connect the two Ouput prongs on each wafer. Any two will do, as there's 4 total.
      Then the Bridge pickup Black (full) goes to the first prong (Prong 1) after the Output
      Bridge Red/White (split) goes to the next prong (Prong 2)
      Neck pickup goes to Prongs 3, 4 and 5
      Prong 1 goes to Prong 3 of the other wafer
      Prong 2 goes to Prong 4 of the other wafer

This *should* produce the aforementioned switching functions. As I said, it's been a while and I don't have mine handy at the moment.

If you just jump Prong 1 to Prong 3 on the same wafer as the neck pickup, then you'll get Both Full even in Position 1, ergo you have to jump one to the other wafer at that point.

In the event your neck single can be split, you can either put in a push/pull knob or pick one of the switching options to replace with Both Split and put the neck pickup's Splitter on 3, 4, or 5, depending on where you want it.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X