wiring the j-90c...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring the j-90c...

Ok , I am trading my X2N for a bill and becky L500 L but until it gets here I will be putting the j-90c in,so what wires are what? IE grounds green and bare? which ones need to be wrapped ,then which will be my hot?......j
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

The red and white should be soldered together. Black is hot, green is ground.

Comment

thanks.......j
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by David S. View Post
        The red and white should be soldered together. Black is hot, green is ground.
        That sounds like Seymour Duncan's color codes. I think Jackson is different. There's a jpg picture of the color codes somewhere on this forum.

edit: just what I thought. Look in here.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88853

If you wire it using Duncan's color code, it will work but be out of phase. Green should be hot and black is ground with Jackson.
        Last edited by DonP; 02-04-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Every stock Jackson pickup I've had has been wired just like a Duncan from the factory, but it is true that if you mix Jackson & Duncan pickups in a guitar you will run into the phase issue. Green & black are opposite. Here's the color code table:

In your Model 6, I'd wire the J90 up with black as hot, green & bare to ground, then see how it sounds with multiple pickups on, if you even play it that way.
          Last edited by dg; 02-04-2009, 11:27 AM.

Comment

thats what i was thinking,sd is not the same as the x2n either. thanks guys.......j

Comment

Did it both ways.ended up going with black as hot,had a better sound IMO more even tone mids were really tight. thanks all..........john

Comment

Working...
              X