Drop-in Tuner advice for Jackson Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop-in Tuner advice for Jackson Dinky

I've read through every tuner-related post on this board, measured my tuners half a dozen times, and I'm still not sure what will fit.

I have a JS20 Dinky from '98, and the stock Jin-Ho tuners on it (aside from not being very good to begin with), have developed a problem where the front 10mm screw in bushing no longer screws into the back of the machine head housing while the washer is in place. If I remove the washer, then I can screw it in, but that's a temporary solution.

I'm looking for replacement tuners that won't require filling in the existing screw holes, or drilling new ones. These Gotoh tuners look like they should fit, but looking at the measurements, I'm a little concerned that the screw holes won't line up, or that I'll have the same problem with the front bushing not being able to screw in.

Will those fit? Is there something else that will? I'm looking for any kind of help or guidance I can get. You'd figure that after all these years of making guitars, the different manufacturers would have been able to agree on some kind of standard, instead of every brand and model having slightly different specs.
Working...
X