J-90c vs J-50bc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-90c vs J-50bc

So folks which is hotter,and which is notter?
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

J90c is hotter. J50bc has more bass, little too bassy sounding for me. I had both in the same poplar-bodied guitar. I prefered J90c.

Comment

Was it in a model 6 ?
      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

The J50BC was in the Model 6.

Comment

I know that,I was wondering if he put the j-90c in the same. I am having a hard time getting a good tone,well one that i like anyways!I have tryed an X2N and dont care for that,I have a j-90c that i could put in it and see,but was just wondering if it would be worth it?I guess i will pull my 6 outta the forsale and just keep trying pickups until i get what i am looking for,L.A hardrock 80s 90s.

Comment

I've got a Duncan Custom and Hot Rails in mine, and that works for me. I bet the J90 would sound good as well. The Model 6 is a kickass guitar and well worth trying out as many pickups as it takes to get your sound, imo.

Does yours still have the midboost in it? That may be part of the problem, because not all pickups will sound good with it. IMO, it tends to add compression to hot pickups even when the boost is turned down, so with an X2N it may have been just too hot.

Comment

yea it still in it.I had a tube pedal board in my chain and changed that also.Maybe i should look for a cheap rp7, as well.I bought a rack mount 256xl but that thing is not great to say the least,i like the rp3 for the delay and wah ect were as the rp7 lacked imo in those areas? but the rp3 hots are not the greatest.

Comment

I really like the J50BC in my Fusion Pro. Maybe moreso than the J90C in my Fusion Deluxe. Both of these are similar guitars as far as wood and built. The main difference is ebony vs. rosewood for the fretboard. Same scale length as well.

Comment

I have J90Cs in both my Soloist PROs (JE-1200 removed) and it sounds perfect !

I had tried X2Ns too, but didn't like that; though they sound great in my basswood-fusions.
                  uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                    Was it in a model 6 ?
                    Nope, it was in a Grover Jackson RR. But I also had that exact J50BC in the RR PRO (also poplar) along with a JE1200 for a while and it sounded GODLIKE there!! Since then I moved that exact J50BC and JE1200 to a '89 USA RR Custom (also out of poplar), but it doesn't sound the same there anymore :S.

Comment

Working...
                    X