Probably a Re-Thread but,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably a Re-Thread but,

How do you like your SD Lynch Demons? Might snap one up off the local CL...
    Thanks, Dudes.
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Kind of thin sounding to me but sound killer in a maple body for some reason.I guess GL knows best.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Kind of thin sounding to me but sound killer in a maple body for some reason.I guess GL knows best.
      I agree, mine sounded best in a Maple body as well. It was also really good in front of alot of effects.
      I hear that if an Alnico 6 or Alnico 8 magnet is swaped in, they are kick ass. Cant remember what magnet they have in them, it might even be a 5 or 8?
      I saw a thread on the Seymour Duncan forum about them and it was very informative.
      The Demons are one of the few Seymour's that I like actually, cause I'm mostly a DiMarzio and B&B Lawrence guy when it comes to passives.

Alot of humbuckers are voiced and EQ'd for a specific body wood, so thats one of the most important things to consider when shopping for pups.
      There are some pickups however that sound great no matter what body wood is used.
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Not hot enough for me but good growl. Sound good to me tuned to C

Comment

Mine has great growl and sounds fat in an alder body, rosewood neck bolt-on. This guitar has the Kahler Killer trem as well (lots of heavy steel).

It really nails Armored Saint's first LP, March of the Saint.

Also (maybe very important), I tune down 1/2 step on this axe. Probably helps the fatness.

Comment

I have a Dinky Pro. What kind of wood is that?
            8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Depends on what year I think.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
                How do you like your SD Lynch Demons? Might snap one up off the local CL...
                Thanks, Dudes.
                I've got one in a Fender Strat (alder body, maple neck and board). That axe cuts through the mix in a big way! I love tone its got. Not spongey or compressed, but very immediate and punchy sounding.

Your mileage may vary.
                Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                X