Looking for a small dehumidifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a small dehumidifier

Any experts on dehumidifiers here? Come Spring I'm going to need one for my guitar room. It's actually not much of a room, more like the size of about two telephone booths. About 24 sqare feet to be more accurate.

It gets very steamy here during the summer, humidity over 80% takes a toll on the guitar's hardware and setups.

Last year I bought a 35 pint dehumidifier which sucked the water out of the air faster than I could empty the pan. Awesome I thought, but the problem was that it blew so much hot air that the little room got over 90 degrees in a hurry. No good, back it went.

Not being able to find a small condensor type I bought a tiny peltier unit. It does remove water, one drop at a time and while the cup fills up every few days in no way does it have any effect on the humidity level. Besides, they don't have a built in humidistat so it is either always on or always off.

What I want is a regular condenser type which can manage the level in the room with a humidistat control but without heating the air to desert heat levels. I'm not sure this is possible considering how small the room is but if anyone has any experiences or ideas I'm all ears.

Buy a shipping container load of silica gel
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

One of those sponge-type mattress pads rolled up and sitting in the room.

Sorry, never had a use for one o' them thar demoisturizer thangs.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X